PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wier pools

3 posters

Go down

Wier pools Empty Wier pools

Post  tomthepiker Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Got a question for some pike boffins, there is place that my mates girlfriend house sits and it's got it's own private stretch of river going through it and a lake (proper fancy) we also get to fish the river it's got a weir pool section quite big but this pool has pike in it it's exit is blocked normally by low water over these rock sections so the fish are stuck in the pool we have had pike out so there is enough food in there to keep them going but with recent crazy rain the water levels have risen dramatically enough for fish to swim into the main river my question is do you think they would of escaped in to the river or stay where they are used to?
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Wier pools Empty Re: Wier pools

Post  rozzo Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:39 pm

i reckon all the fish in that stretch will have headed for the slack in the pool. try fishing it while the waters up Wink
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  onetoner Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:55 pm

i agree i think the fish would be in the weir pool slack water. theres no reason for them to stay in the main flow when the waters high
onetoner
onetoner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum