PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air pressure

+4
Dave-Newman
Rich_
stubbo
cavemandom
8 posters

Go down

Air pressure  Empty Air pressure

Post  cavemandom Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:13 am

wat is the rule of thumb wiv air pressure, do u av more chance of catching wen the A P is rising or falling???

cavemandom

Back to top Go down

Air pressure  Empty Re: Air pressure

Post  stubbo Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:27 pm

cavemandom wrote:wat is the rule of thumb wiv air pressure, do u av more chance of catching wen the A P is rising or falling???
just go fishing anyways is my answer but if you are confident when the air pressure is falling or rising go for it  think its like the moon phase theory ..........go with your own accessment  on the day Suspect
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich_ Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:27 pm

You've a chance of catching fish under most conditions , as long as you have a bait in the water .

Rich_

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Rich_ wrote:You've a chance of catching fish under most conditions , as long as you have a bait in the water .
how true mate:D 
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-Newman Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:48 pm

stubbo wrote:
Rich_ wrote:You've a chance of catching fish under most conditions , as long as you have a bait in the water .
how true mate:D 
better still, being in the right area AND having you're bait in the water.
Dave-Newman
Dave-Newman

Back to top Go down

Post  kevo Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Overcast and low pressure best,  but don't take anything as gospel. Only time I don't bother piking is when it's raining........

kevo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:09 pm

kevo wrote:Overcast and low pressure best,  but don't take anything as gospel. Only time I don't bother piking is when it's raining........
had a few good fish in the rain over the years if it rains it rains.............
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:58 pm

I,m not bothered about air pressure too much but I do think wind direction can deffo affect things

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  essoxlucius Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:03 pm

gotta say agree with decent bait in correct aeea does it for me and agree pike plus rain = no fish
essoxlucius
essoxlucius

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Best time to go piking is when ever you have spare time come rain air pressure moon phase or what ever  Very Happy 
If you are there with a bait in the water you have every chance of catching  Wink 
I've had pike in all weathers but the weather I hate most is clear sky and sunshine and flat calm  Crying or Very sad 
And best weather for me is overcast and a slight breeze giving a bit of a chop on the water rain makes no difference unless its a heavy storm that will put them off a bit  Very Happy 
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  kevo Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:00 pm

As I'm from the north east and have next to nothing in the way of stillwaters almost all of my piking is done on the rivers, I can honestly say I've been piking for over 10 years now and never had a run let alone a pike in the rain. But that said also when fishing on the lochs I've had run after run, but when it rained the runs ceased then when it stopped the runs started again. One morning it was forecast rain all day so I stayed in the caravan while my mate went out, he never had a run all day. I've spoke to a lot of pikers on the subject and nearly all of them say the same....rain = no pike. My theory is all that vibration from when the rain hits the water is picked up by the pikes neuromast system and sends it into a state of confusion and knocks it off the feed, just a theory though. But if others have had pike in the rain then I would be very interested if anyone has any other thoeries confused.....I would say that 70% of fishing is been in the right place at the right time....

kevo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:44 pm

probably 50 percent of my pike have been caught in the rain and the bigger pike my first twenty was caught in a day when it hammered down all day long got no problem fishing in the rain if you think about it the sky will be overcast and a bit of wind to me that's perfect pike conditions but having said that there are a lot of fair weather pikers out there who like to put on there bivy slippers on and zip up .

I have a limited time to pike fish and no matter what the weather I optimise my time no matter what the weather and it nearly always pays off but that's just me not having a go at anyone by the way I think once people get it in there head you don't catch in the rain they will never have the confidence to carry on fishing but you could miss out big time
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kevo Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:08 pm

I agree we should get on the bank as much as possible and by doing so will increase your chances of hooking into a fish or two, but this is not a decision I've taken lightly and by no means saying to anglers don't go piking in the rain. This is my own personal preference and a decision I've took after having blanked so many times.

kevo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down