PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi all! and a first trip on a new Loch report

Go down

Hi all! and a first trip on a new Loch report Empty Hi all! and a first trip on a new Loch report

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi all, hope this is in the right place..
As I have a knee operation is looming, I thought it best to get myself into Pike fishing again at a Loch near home. The thinking was to discourage me from climbing down the cliffs that I have been hammering the last few years. And a day off after a long weekend of driving was in order.

We headed under the trees out of the southerly wind as much as possible, and within a few casts I had my first Aberdeenshire pike!

Hi all! and a first trip on a new Loch report <a href=Hi all! and a first trip on a new Loch report 18_2_112" />

not a monster, but on a new jerkbait setup and a 6inch savagear 4play jerkbait

We thought we were in for a bumper day, but we didn’t get another touch for 3 hours despite keeping on the move. Finally we found some fish, with my mate Dan getting a few follows from a couple of different fish, and then a slamming bite with a decent fish that spat the bait after a few seconds.. I was back on the homemade eels and getting the tail nipped at, but still no hook-ups despite seeing one take the bait under my feet!

Gone off the jerkbait outfit now as a tangle during a cast saw my jerkbait go flying into the distance. It wasnt too deep there though, so hopefully find it off the kayak when I next go exploring

Back to top Go down

Hi all! and a first trip on a new Loch report Empty Re: Hi all! and a first trip on a new Loch report

Post  mal wynne Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:59 pm

nice report matey , just wish I could get out with the lures meself but too busy with work at the mo ,

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum