PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will get the first 20 this season

+8
MAD BAD ANGLER
rozzo
lowdouble
piketastic
psion
Dave-Newman
fatcaff
adie1200
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who will get the first 20 this season  - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will get the first 20 this season

Post  adie1200 Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:41 pm

Sorry that's not a 20 Shocked
lol only kidding very well done sir that's a cracking pike Wink

Now who will be the second to post a 20 lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Who will get the first 20 this season  - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will get the first 20 this season

Post  lowdouble Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:09 am

Fantastic fish Eric. well done sir Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Idlepiker Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:23 pm

That's a belter Eric well done pal. Very Happy
Idlepiker
Idlepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:52 pm

Eric Edwards wrote:27lb 8oz, caught yesterday, 5th October. Sorry it took so long.

Who will get the first 20 this season  - Page 2 27lb%208oz_zpsduidflvq
is that a lure caught fish ...looks a good un pal Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:06 pm

lovely fish , well done

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:51 pm

That's a proper fish mr Edwards , I'm sure you were one of those I tipped in my original post 😀. One day I'm going to get one of those , absolutely fantastic . Well done
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Edwards Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:11 am

Yes it was lure caught, I hardly ever fish baits these days.
Eric Edwards
Eric Edwards

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:41 pm

Eric Edwards wrote:Yes it was lure caught, I hardly ever fish baits these days.
eric I know you mostly fish the lures these days but was you a deadbait man years ago and what made you change over to lure fishing ..........
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Edwards Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:10 pm

If you had to fish one swim for a day and were faced with the task of catching as much as possible then a floatfished livebait would probably be the best best. If you had to fish one water for a day though, livebaiting is less attractive. Carting long rods, alarms, pods, buckets and chairs around cripples your mobility and you might, at the most, fish ten swims during the day. If you fish lures you can fish fifty or sixty swims in a day. Add to that the fact that a well fished lure will, sometimes, actually outfish a livebait (although the reverse is true too), and you start to see that lures can catch you a lot more pike.

That's only half the story though. Lure fishing is mega fun, the thrill of having a big pike engulf a lure right at you feet on a short line is pretty much unbeatable in fishing terms and there is a real sense of satisfaction in placing a lure very precisely and having it hit before it even reaches the riverbed.

I still fish baits, but it's usually after I've completely exhausted myself with several days of tramping the banks lure fishing and I just need to sit down for a couple of hours.
Eric Edwards
Eric Edwards

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:01 am

Eric Edwards wrote:If you had to fish one swim for a day and were faced with the task of catching as much as possible then a floatfished livebait would probably be the best best. If you had to fish one water for a day though, livebaiting is less attractive. Carting long rods, alarms, pods, buckets and chairs around cripples your mobility and you might, at the most, fish ten swims during the day. If you fish lures you can fish fifty or sixty swims in a day. Add to that the fact that a well fished lure will, sometimes, actually outfish a livebait (although the reverse is true too), and you start to see that lures can catch you a lot more pike.

That's only half the story though. Lure fishing is mega fun, the thrill of having a big pike engulf a lure right at you feet on a short line is pretty much unbeatable in fishing terms and there is a real sense of satisfaction in placing a lure very precisely and having it hit before it even reaches the riverbed.

I still fish baits, but it's usually after I've completely exhausted myself with several days of tramping the banks lure fishing and I just need to sit down for a couple of hours.
i know what you mean eric it can be very tiring, have been using lures more and more these days but still deadbaiting most of the time , when i am on the boat its lures with maybe a couple of hours anchored up with a dead bait if nothing happening.

think its a case of the more you fish with the lures the better you get at it
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum