PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wykeham lake pike shows up after 23 months

5 posters

Go down

wykeham lake pike  shows up after 23 months Empty wykeham lake pike shows up after 23 months

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:35 pm

has anybody seen the fish in the anglers mail

46lb 8 oz lump of a fish

wonder why such a big fish like this keeps a low profile and does not get caught often
obviously its a trout water so it will be feeding on trout, but to go that long without capture is a mystery.... any ideas...why on this

any of you lads fished this place , think its a syndicate water..... Very Happy Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

wykeham lake pike  shows up after 23 months Empty Re: wykeham lake pike shows up after 23 months

Post  psion Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:27 pm

Yes its a syndicate water and there are only ten members  its only open for pike fishing October to March and only three

fishman are allowed on at any one time. This could be why and like you said its got a lot of trout to eat. In fact they get

more runs from trout than pike.

psion

Back to top Go down

wykeham lake pike  shows up after 23 months Empty Re: wykeham lake pike shows up after 23 months

Post  stubbo Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:57 am

psion wrote:Yes its a syndicate water and there are only ten members  its only open for pike fishing October to March and only three

fishman are allowed on at any one time. This could be why and like you said its got a lot of trout to eat. In fact they get

wonder how much that is for the season ..... bet they are queing up for that place What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Its only £200 for a season my mate had his name down for three years. Neville was saying this may be his last year.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:30 pm

I think news of this fish was over on the pit a few weeks ago now . It's a monster isn't it , could definitely do the record in a few weeks time in my opinion, however it could sulk in the depths for the next couple of months and come out again next season as long as it stays healthy . I haven't seen a picture of this fish recently , but it's always looked in good condition and great markings, just an exceptionally fat belly . 😀
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:47 am

piketastic wrote:I think news of this fish was over on the pit a few weeks ago now . It's a monster isn't it , could definitely do the record in a few weeks time in my opinion, however it could sulk in the depths for the next couple of months and come out again next season as long as it stays healthy . I haven't seen a picture of this fish recently , but it's always looked in good condition and great markings, just an exceptionally fat belly . 😀
the pic is in the anglers mail, she looks in very good condition , may she live long enough to do a record Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:50 am

The fish is an absolute stunner and i would love to catch her, and she has obviously been well handled and cared for. But I hope the next record is an unknown fish from a wild and wind swept water. Something that will inspire the average angler to still dream of catching a monster Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tyker Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:24 pm

psion wrote:Yes its a syndicate water and there are only ten members  its only open for pike fishing October to March and only three

November start till March but if they start spawning early the fishing will stop

tyker

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:15 pm

tyker wrote:

November start till March but if they start spawning early the fishing will stop
is that the management that stop the fishing, or the pike lads that have made that good move to protect the fish. Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Just seen the picture , you are right Steve , it looks in great condition . Amazing creature !
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  tyker Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:17 pm

stubbo wrote:
tyker wrote:

is that the management that stop the fishing,  or the pike lads that have made that good move to protect the fish. Very Happy

Just a mutual common sense outlook amongst those involved,

tyker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum