PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gone a little quiet

+11
matt859
admandino
Bazz
mal wynne
Dave-Newman
nopikehere
stubbo
MAD BAD ANGLER
fatcaff
psion
adie1200
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gone a little quiet  Empty Gone a little quiet

Post  adie1200 Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:41 pm

Gone a little quiet on here lately Shocked where is everyone Question Question Question
Not many reports coming in I know I've not had any luck the last few times out what about you lot scratch scratch scratch Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Gone a little quiet  Empty Re: Gone a little quiet

Post  psion Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:35 pm

I thought that to, we need someone to catch something big. Am off to Scotland for two days fishing tomorrow chasing my thirty (again) I will let you all know how I get on.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:38 pm

I hope you have some good luck Psion and come back with photos of a few good ones including a 30 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:51 pm

Not had a sniff this year yet. Im on a run of 5 blanks.
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:44 pm

I've had one day were I had 3 out that's all and they were only up to 9lb Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:49 am

went out on sunday on local river and blanked Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:53 am

This blanking must be catching lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:31 am

adie1200 wrote:This blanking must be catching lol!  
I will see what I can do this weekend for you muck ........having said this its the kiss of death ...... Evil or Very Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  nopikehere Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:47 am

one mid double in the last 10 trips, most of them on a rock hard syndicate water, loads of people are struggling for fish,The blankers arms is packed out lately,my mate had a 25:10 sunday on lure though cherry

nopikehere

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:34 pm

nopikehere wrote: one mid double in the last 10 trips, most of them on a rock hard syndicate water, loads of people are struggling for fish,The blankers arms is packed out lately,my mate had a 25:10 sunday on lure though cherry
only one blanker for me upto now that was 2 weeks back .... hoping to put that right this weekend...... Twisted Evil
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-Newman Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:36 pm

Not fished at the weekend as heading to Loch FAD Thursday for a 4 day trip, so just getting gear sorted
Dave-Newman
Dave-Newman

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:22 pm

only managed 2 sessions so far this year due to work and crap weather, 1 blank and a 7 pound jack the other time, would help if I could find the river Sad

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:17 pm

I've had about 4 sessions since October last, three with a 9wt fly rod and one with the bait rods, not one fish or run. I enjoy having a go on one of the local rivers, not the mighty Trent but much smaller, so far its not been fit to fish owing to loads of water through it!

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  admandino Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:02 am

All my trips over Christmas were cancelled de to flooding, so I have not been since before Christmas. A couple of 7lb Pike from a canal were had on that day, not huge but had a great trip!!
admandino
admandino

http://fishinimpossible.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:18 am

ive been out once since the social and had a small one about 4 - 5 lb. Now weve had a load of cold and frosts im hoping the bait fish have shoaled and the Pike fishing should get better.....
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:05 am

matt859 wrote:ive been out once since the social and had a small one about 4 - 5 lb.  Now weve had a load of cold and frosts im hoping the bait fish have shoaled and the Pike fishing should get better.....
on a water why I fish there are huge shoals of bait fish all in one spot and lots of pike too
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:12 pm

I am having a nightmare, someone wake me up quick lol. Blanked Saturday, Monday an 8lb and a 4lb, Yesterday a single 4lb, and Today Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I was float trolling super slow with my tiny planer boards on, hoping for a big trout really as the Pike are well off the feed. When this ferking supertanker of a Pike had 2 attempts at the planer board on the surface in 15ft of water. Then the rod screamed off so i guessed it had gone down and taken the roach. Played it for 3 minutes and was just sinking the net as she came to the surface. Back gleaming in the sunshine all 4ft of her lol. And there across her jaws was my 8" pike float!!!!!! She smiled at me about 3ft from the net and the float just slipped out. She sank into the depths and my heart sank to the floor. She was 25+ long, but never saw the depth. Sat and sulked for a while and finished with just one fish 12lb.
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:59 pm

ouch that hurts Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:17 pm

pale That's bad luck mate affraid But you have a idea where she lives now Laughing bet you are back after her again soon Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
At least you are getting among them Lowdouble Wink
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:07 am

Oh I will be back for her Adie lol. I have a score to settle now Razz Honestly Stubbo, how do you explain to someone who doesnt fish, the feeling where you lose a big girl????? Heart wrenching isnt it Crying or Very sad
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  nopikehere Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:05 am

I felt that bad once that i was nearly physicaly sick, lol, they haunt your dreams for years, unlucky,hope you bump into her again soon

nopikehere

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:40 am

lowdouble wrote:Oh I will be back for her Adie lol.  I have a score to settle now Razz      Honestly Stubbo,  how do you explain to someone who doesnt fish,  the feeling where you lose a big girl?????   Heart wrenching isnt it Crying or Very sad
no that feeling only too well ......worse when its the only bite of the day......muck at least you seen the fish Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:46 am

lowdouble wrote:I am having a nightmare,  someone wake me up quick lol.  Blanked Saturday,  Monday an 8lb and a 4lb,  Yesterday a single 4lb,  and Today Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil    I was float trolling super slow with my tiny planer boards on, hoping for a big trout really as the Pike are well off the feed.  When this ferking supertanker of a Pike had 2 attempts at the planer board on the surface in 15ft of water.  Then the rod screamed off so i guessed it had gone down and taken the roach.  Played it for 3 minutes and was just sinking the net as she came to the surface.  Back gleaming in the sunshine all 4ft of her lol.  And there across her jaws was my 8" pike float!!!!!!   She smiled at me about 3ft from the net and the float just slipped out.  She sank into the depths and my heart sank to the floor.  She was 25+ long,  but never saw the depth.  Sat and sulked for a while and finished with just one fish 12lb.  
I will be trying that method myself shortly

do you use the cranked type float for this and live baits .......not used this before but seen a few diagrams of it.... is it tangle free in general
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Theres no short answer Stubbo but I will try.

I have a 12" hook trace with an 18" uptrace, I fish a 3oz lead fixed with a paperclip ( so pike can shake it off if snagged) on the link between the two traces. set at whatever depth with a stop knot I have an 8" sea fishing cigar float and then I clip the planer board onto the line about 10ft above the stop knot. This gives the Pike some movement left or right with the bait in its mouth without feeling the resistance of the planer board. When you strike the braid out of the planers line clip, it just goes down the line with the float and stays above the traces. I have small 5" boards for small deads, and 12" walleye planers for large lures and big deads like 12" mackerel. I can fish 4 rods from the boat (2 anglers) and cover 50ft width of water. When loughs are miles long you only get to go up and down once in a day sometimes only half lol. So covering a greater area of water is brilliant. they are also good for running a shallow run bait up on the shelf and the boat is safe in deeper water. Phew my fingers sore now Embarassed
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:49 pm

lowdouble wrote:Theres no short answer Stubbo but I will try.

I have a 12" hook trace with an 18" uptrace, I fish a 3oz lead fixed with a paperclip ( so pike can shake it off if snagged) on the link between the two traces.  set at whatever depth with a stop knot I have an 8" sea fishing cigar float and then I clip the planer board onto the line about 10ft above the stop knot.  This gives the Pike some movement left or right with the bait in its mouth without feeling the resistance of the planer board.  When you strike the braid out of the planers line clip, it just goes down the line with the float and stays above the traces.  I have small 5" boards for small deads,  and 12" walleye planers for large lures and big deads like 12" mackerel.  I can fish 4 rods from the boat (2 anglers)  and cover 50ft width of water.  When loughs are miles long you only get to go up and down once in a day sometimes only half lol.  So covering a greater area of water is brilliant.  they are also good for running a shallow run bait up on the shelf and the boat is safe in deeper water.  Phew my fingers sore now Embarassed
thanks for that pal think I got the jist of that....... will be trying shortly just need to try something different other than staring at a float next to boat for hours..........cheers
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum