PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weather info very useful when planning fishing

+2
lowdouble
stubbo
6 posters

Go down

weather info very useful when planning fishing Empty weather info very useful when planning fishing

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:38 pm

I have used this now for a fair number of years
goggle x c weather it also gives you wind direction / temps/ week long predictions/ rain / cloud cover
for me it has been very accurate , but it can change so you need to keep looking on a daily basis , very helpful when boat fishing too

smile boat gone fishing trout slap was
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

weather info very useful when planning fishing Empty Re: weather info very useful when planning fishing

Post  lowdouble Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:37 pm

Ive used that app for about 5 years now Stubbo, its the best out there. good idea to share the info mate Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

weather info very useful when planning fishing Empty Re: weather info very useful when planning fishing

Post  J Robinson Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:45 pm

I like XC weather, but it is always a bit gloomy in it's outlook. I tend to use a combination of yr.no (Norwegian site - very good), XC weather, Metcheck and the Highlands and Islands Weather page on Facebook.
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:54 pm

I use xc weather most of the time and find it really accurate , but when I go to Anglesey I use "magic seaweed" the wind-surfers weather site it,s great for letting me know what the surf and swell are gonna be like Smile

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

weather info very useful when planning fishing Empty xc weather

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:09 pm

glad to see other pikers using this site ....a very helpful site especially the wind directions.
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:10 pm

J Robinson wrote:I like XC weather, but it is always a bit gloomy in it's outlook. I tend to use a combination of yr.no (Norwegian site - very good), XC weather, Metcheck and the Highlands and Islands Weather page on Facebook.
that's because the weather is gloomy at this time of the year muck lol! lol! lol!
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:23 pm

stubbo wrote:
J Robinson wrote:I like XC weather, but it is always a bit gloomy in it's outlook. I tend to use a combination of yr.no (Norwegian site - very good), XC weather, Metcheck and the Highlands and Islands Weather page on Facebook.
that's because the weather is gloomy at this time of the year muck lol! lol! lol!

Very true! I used it a lot when out on the boat as the information on wind speed was the most important parameter for me. It usually overestimated it a touch though.
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:46 pm

I use my head Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  I wake up on the day I have planned to go and stick my head out of the door if I don't get ice on my nose within 30 seconds or blown away or get wet through then its a good day to go lol! lol! lol!
Although to be honest if I have planned to go I go despite any of the above conditions  Very Happy  Very Happy  
Coldest I've been out piking was -12 and that was to a pike match where I was the only one daft enough to turn out  affraid  Plus Nickcarpy and Madbad off here who were running it smile
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:38 pm

I have always used the bbc but will have a look at xc weather. Thanks stubbo I was thinking of having a run up to Scotland next week.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:44 pm

I do check Metcheck and BBC weather and now also x c weather Very Happy Thanks for that Stubbo Wink Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:53 am

Do try YR.NO as well. It's much clearer than XC weather, and I feel that the best forecast is one that uses multiple different sites for a broader view.
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:10 pm

J Robinson wrote:Do try YR.NO as well. It's much clearer than XC weather, and I feel that the best forecast is one that uses multiple different sites for a broader view.
have tried multiple site weather info before , but found that's to many also makes a conflicting reports so can get a bit confusing as they all say something slightly different , I have found xc weather at our neck of the woods the most consistent, but for your areas , that might not be the case........... Surprised
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:44 pm

Well it's been wildly snowing off and on all day and neither XC weather or YR.NO have any indication of it, so I think I'm going to go back to a weather forcasting stone:

weather info very useful when planning fishing Weather-stone

I also saw a great quote the other day (forget who said it):

The problem with weather forecasts is that they are right too often for us to ignore them, but wrong too often for us to rely on them
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:15 pm

I will have to set one up on my new shed.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down