PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

its almost over ....if not over for some already

+2
David Wynne
stubbo
6 posters

Go down

its almost over ....if not over for some already Empty its almost over ....if not over for some already

Post  stubbo Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:59 pm

time to put the piking rods away guys
but what shall we do with ourselves , which target species will you fish for and pb we will chase this coming coarse season
anybody going for a special fish.....
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

its almost over ....if not over for some already Empty Re: its almost over ....if not over for some already

Post  David Wynne Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:03 pm

My target until June is a 12Lbs+ Bream and an 8Lbs+ Tench, I've already had a night on one of my target lakes for them, lets just say I had a good nights sleep. From June onwards I'll be targeting Catfish from another clubs waters where last year they eluded me all summer.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

its almost over ....if not over for some already Empty Re: its almost over ....if not over for some already

Post  stubbo Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:43 pm

David Wynne wrote:My target until June is a 12Lbs+ Bream and an 8Lbs+ Tench, I've already had a night on one of my target lakes for them, lets just say I had a good nights sleep. From June onwards I'll be targeting Catfish from another clubs waters where last year they eluded me all summer.
hi dave
I know a water were the bream run to 17lb probably bigger now , it wont give them up easily , you would have to put the hours in and bait up big style , my mate who fishes for the carp in there said they are enormous  , I will pm you if you interested muck...... and tench to 11lb
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:25 pm

We'll have a big change in August as we move from near Edinburgh to Devon. 430 miles, new house, new business and better quality of life (we hope). And the fishing will be so, so much better too.

Hoping to return to small river coarse fishing (childhood love), fishing for some proper carp (as opposed to the tiddlers we have up here), try my hand at catfish fishing and then get onto Chew Valley come winter. Good times, I hope!
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:47 pm

J Robinson wrote:We'll have a big change in August as we move from near Edinburgh to Devon. 430 miles, new house, new business and better quality of life (we hope). And the fishing will be so, so much better too.

Hoping to return to small river coarse fishing (childhood love), fishing for some proper carp (as opposed to the tiddlers we have up here), try my hand at catfish fishing and then get onto Chew Valley come winter. Good times, I hope!
sounds good pal
hope everything works out for you  
regards
stubbo Very Happy gone fishing
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:22 pm

First I will have another go at catching a Ferox then a weeks fishing in Ireland. Come June the 16 it will be Barbel and Chub. The end of August I will be on holiday with the wife in Canada when I have a fishing a few trips planned to have a go at catching a Halibut.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:33 pm

Chew Valley is a great place to fish but is not that easy to get on to and it's now getting very expensive.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:54 pm

psion wrote:Chew Valley is a great place to fish but is not that easy to get on to and it's now getting very expensive.

True enough. My hope is that I know a local pike and zander fisherman very well through work, and a reasonably local professional footballer who is fishing mad. Between them I should have half a chance of getting on!
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:57 am

No Pike for me this last 6 weeks, not much trout fishing either Sad I always plan to get into the tench but theres always a reason not to go (excuses really). good luck everyone and see you back here in September Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:06 pm

stubbo wrote: hi dave
I know a water were the bream run to 17lb probably bigger now , it wont give them up easily , you would have to put the hours in and bait up big style , my mate who fishes for the carp in there said they are enormous  , I will pm you if you interested muck...... and tench to 11lb

Steve

I'd be very interested in Bream of 17Lbs and Tench of 11Lbs Wink
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:03 pm

so would i stubbo Very Happy . i will also be after bream and tench this summer from a localish water that has bream to 15lb and tench to almost 10lb. not easy and no night fishing though.

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:14 am

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:so would i stubbo  Very Happy . i will also be after bream and tench this summer from a localish water that has bream to 15lb and tench to almost 10lb. not easy and no night fishing though.
I have pm you pal on the details if you are interested......club owned water ........
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:57 am

Its crazy the size of coarse fish in the UK now, I used to dream of a 7lb tench and a 10lb Bream. they are huge now. Over here and still naturally fed the fish are far smaller as a rule. In 15 years running the B&B so hundreds if not thoousands of fishing days, ive only ever had one 10lb bream and one 7lb tench to the house. Ive had 2 x 299lb bags of bream and tench hauls to 275lb, but never huge fish. Good luck lads Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 pm

lowdouble wrote:Its crazy the size of coarse fish in the UK now,  I used to dream of a 7lb tench and a 10lb Bream.   they are huge now.  Over here and still naturally fed the fish are far smaller as a rule.  In 15 years running the B&B so hundreds if not thoousands of fishing days,  ive only ever had one 10lb bream and one 7lb tench to the house.   Ive had 2 x 299lb bags of bream and tench hauls to 275lb,  but never huge fish.  Good luck lads Very Happy
thinks its down to all the specimen carp waters we have over here and all the high protein baits going in year after year and a lot of anglers are focused on carp , the bream and tench get left alone , but occasionally get caught from time to time , like all fish they thrive on neglect and just get bigger ....don't get me wrong you might just get the 1 or 2 a season.. and are quite elusive but they are out there waiting to be caught if you have the patience........
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:35 am

It sounds about right, high protein foods put in by the bucket load Very Happy go get them steve Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:17 pm

lowdouble wrote:It sounds about right,  high protein foods put in by the bucket load Very Happy    go get them steve Wink
wish I had the time pal ,    lol   don't do a lot of summer coarse fishing to be honest , I like to target the bass on my boat  like these .[img]its almost over ....if not over for some already Big_ba11[/img]
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Heres the only bass I ever caught lol,  on bread in Portugal.  I want one like yours Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
its almost over ....if not over for some already 22664110
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum