PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oils,dips or glugs

4 posters

Go down

oils,dips or glugs Empty oils,dips or glugs

Post  matt859 Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:49 pm

Remembering those wonderful underwater videos from last year where the pike was looking like it was tasting the water around the bait does anyone on here think that using a dip or glug has any real benefit? I used some last year but seeing as I dont catch much I couldnt really use my captures as a yardstick.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

oils,dips or glugs Empty Re: oils,dips or glugs

Post  psion Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:56 am

I have tried them over the years but I can't say they have helped any. I do have a predator one that was given to me to try, you have just reminded me
I will have to dig it out of the shed.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:33 pm

#I have tried lots over the years, smelt, mackerel, sardine, squid, Haggis, and several more. I now buy one and use it with great faith, I would lose all confidence if I arrived to the bank and it wasnt with me:oops: winterized salmon oil that is tailored for Carp anglers. Brilliant stuff;)
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:00 pm

lowdouble wrote:#I have tried lots over the years,  smelt,  mackerel,  sardine,   squid,  Haggis, and several more.  I now buy one and use it with great faith,  I would lose all confidence if I arrived to the bank and it wasnt with me:oops:  winterized salmon oil that is tailored for Carp anglers.   Brilliant stuff;)  
like you i have tried them all , and now mainly use just 2 types mackerell / smelt ,i must say if i have 2 baits out its normally the injected thats away first ....but its hard to say was that the reason it went or just it was placed in the right location but like andy says.... confidence plays a large part in pike fishing.
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum