PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

back on the banks

5 posters

Go down

back on the banks Empty back on the banks

Post  stubbo Thu May 07, 2020 10:27 am

anyone any idea when we can go fishing again..... its been 8 weeks ...feels like 8 years......
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

back on the banks Empty Re: back on the banks

Post  adie1200 Thu May 07, 2020 10:37 pm

No idea Steve Shocked Shocked See what Boris says on Monday scratch scratch You never know Thumb up
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Fri May 08, 2020 1:02 pm

I don't think we will be able to go fishing till the end of May. I was hoping to go Catfish fishing on the 25th of May but I don't think the
fishery will be open.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Sun May 10, 2020 6:13 pm

I'm in Wales but only 3.5 miles from the English border and here in Wales were are in lockdown for a further 3 weeks with no fishing. You can travel within a "reasonable" distance from your home though - if Boris announces something slightly different later tonight and allows fishing, how many like me will be tempted to cross the border to go fishing.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Sun May 10, 2020 7:56 pm

I,ll be going across the border as soon as prince albert open up the waters , I was in hospital a month ago with coronavirus and when they let me out i was told I would be immune and non-infectious , so as long as I don,t touch anyone incase I have picked infection up on my clothes or hands I don,t see any problem , but I do have to wait for the waters to be opened,

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Mon May 11, 2020 10:59 am

mal wynne wrote:I,ll be going across the border as soon as prince albert open up the waters , I was in hospital a month ago with coronavirus and when they let me out i was told I would be immune and non-infectious , so as long as I don,t touch anyone incase I have picked infection up on my clothes or hands I don,t see any problem , but I do have to wait for the waters to be opened,

It is an issue for me as I really want to go fishing, but equally I don't want to break lockdown rules (I'm in both PA and Lymm). Where I am frustrated is that Mark Drakeford first minister for Wales has said the R-value is close to 1 in Wales, hence no lifting of restrictions. Yet Wales virtually stopped all testing weeks ago and are currently testing on average 2000 people at best a day, so how does he actually know the R-value.

In my opinion the devolved governments (Welsh, Scotland and Northern Ireland) announcements have more than a whiff of politics about them and were designed to undermine whatever Boris said.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

back on the banks Empty we can fish again ......but

Post  stubbo Mon May 11, 2020 5:23 pm

I might have got this all wrong ...but in general Wednesday 13th we can start fishing again that's what I have read , but Warrington angling are awaiting guidelines off the angling trust how to implement this , just been on there website and yes its looking good to go.....
there cant be a problem if we all keep to ourselves on the banks as most anglers keep social distancing anyway........but there will be groups of so called anglers who wont keep to the rules and spoil it for the rest of us ...........the bailiffs will have to jump on them right away to stop them meeting up in there bivvies.........
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon May 11, 2020 5:32 pm

David Wynne wrote:
mal wynne wrote:I,ll be going across the border as soon as prince albert open up the waters , I was in hospital a month ago with coronavirus and when they let me out i was told I would be immune and non-infectious , so as long as I don,t touch anyone incase I have picked infection up on my clothes or hands I don,t see any problem , but I do have to wait for the waters to be opened,

It is an issue for me as I really want to go fishing, but equally I don't want to break lockdown rules (I'm in both PA and Lymm). Where I am frustrated is that Mark Drakeford first minister for Wales has said the R-value is close to 1 in Wales, hence no lifting of restrictions. Yet Wales virtually stopped all testing weeks ago and are currently testing on average 2000 people at best a day, so how does he actually know the R-value.

In my opinion the devolved governments (Welsh, Scotland and Northern Ireland) announcements have more than a whiff of politics about them and were designed to undermine whatever Boris said.
Dave  back in march just 2 weeks before lockdown ..... I was in wales in my caravan , doing no harm what so ever.... isolating in fact, then we were told to go home by the welsh ministers / authorities, but they will be crying for us to come back as the tourist industry is now on its ass .... funnily enough while I was down there I spoke to the welsh police who told me ....not to make unnecessary travel to my home address.. as I could have isolated at my caravan ....if your isolating does it matter where your doing it .....but we were kicked out of wales by there minister.......we actually seen a banner on our way home reading......... English go home ....but how many welsh people work in England I am not having ago at the welsh by the way ....just the politics of it all
just hope I will be getting a rebate off my caravan fees as we cant get access till god knows when .....its no good having divided political views
we have all got to work together on this for it to work long-term ........right that's my rant over
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Thu May 14, 2020 5:00 pm

I have just received a phone call to say I can go Catfish fishing next week. bounce

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Sat May 16, 2020 11:53 am

psion wrote:I have just received a phone call to say I can go Catfish fishing next week. bounce

The weather is warming up nicely so i'd expect the Cats to be on the prowl. I'm on a covert mission across the border on Monday night after the Cats.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sat May 16, 2020 6:18 pm

I hope you are right. If you wear camouflage gear they won't see you.

Last edited by psion on Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

psion

Back to top Go down

back on the banks Empty back on the banks at last

Post  stubbo Sat May 16, 2020 10:36 pm

back on the banks Wolly_10back on the banks Wolly_11had a good session today ...but actually targeting big roach had about 20 good roach then these muscled in on the feeder
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sat May 16, 2020 11:05 pm

Very nice. I am thinking of going to try Tench fishing after next week.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat May 16, 2020 11:10 pm

Nice one Steve cheers Not a pike lol but a fish is a fish in these hard time's lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat May 16, 2020 11:33 pm

adie1200 wrote:Nice one Steve cheers  Not a pike lol but a fish is a fish in these hard time's lol! lol!
its just good to get out adie ....its been hard at times but now we can see the light at the end of the very long tunnel.... Cool
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat May 16, 2020 11:45 pm

Lets just hope we don't regret the Government letting us back out on the banks and such Shocked Shocked The Virus could start multiplying once more Shocked Shocked Shocked
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon May 18, 2020 9:17 pm

adie1200 wrote:Lets just hope we don't regret the Government letting us back out on the banks and such Shocked Shocked  The Virus could start multiplying once more Shocked Shocked Shocked
as regards people on the banks .....its not looking good they are just not distancing full stop ...the water I was fishing is regularly visited by the police, and I think they will sadly be reporting what I have witnessed to the EA or the angling trust.......you would think after all this time indoors they would behave themselves on the banks....... Evil or Very Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon May 25, 2020 9:02 am

The catfish fishing didn't go very well I blanked. In fact I was the only one on the water that didn't catch something. I think I will have another
go soon.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum