PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wobbled Dead-Bait under float?

4 posters

Go down

Wobbled Dead-Bait under float? Empty Wobbled Dead-Bait under float?

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:22 am

Hi all,

I'm going for a mornings piking armed with dead-baits.

I've only got a few hours so don't want to sit behind static baits, preferring mobile tactics, i.e. wobbled dead-baits.

The weir-pool I intend to fish is rather snaggy and it's easy to loose baits and tackle if you're not careful.

WIth this Im thinking I might wobble the baits under a float set 18-inches off bottom and away from the snags...

What's your thoughts please, do you think it will reduce the action of the baits too much???

Cheers,
Jeff

Back to top Go down

Wobbled Dead-Bait under float? Empty Re: Wobbled Dead-Bait under float?

Post  Steve French Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:50 am

Jeff, wobbling is my favourite way to Pike, in situations where there is weed and snaggs, i use Pollen, these fish naturally pop themselves up, the faster you retrieve them the deeper they go, so you can with some practice manoever over snags etc. I have tried using a fixed float at a set depth and found that it does interfere with the action, so its a drift method, with some short sharp jerks to give it some action, a good method to use on fast flowing rivers. Good Luck. by the way for the future Pollan can be bought from the Tackle Shop at Gainsborough, they also make a good pop up static bait.

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:52 am

Jeff, The Tackle shop does send them by post, and they are still frozen when you get them.

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:13 pm

They were doing plenty of trade at the PAC Convention. Neville Fickling himself was serving, as well as speaking later in the afternoon Very Happy

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  adamscott Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:07 am

Jeff......I do a lot of wobbling on rivers and it gets me more Pike than any other method. Just use the countdown method to control the fishing depth. If it takes 10 seconds for the bait to hit the bottom, start the retrieve after 7 or 8 to keep the bait out of most of the snags.

When trotting deadbaits I also retreive them slowly under the float. This does get the odd fish.

The best tip I can give you for wobbling is to use srong braid (65lb power pro at least) and trebles that are not to thick in the wire. When you do snag and pull for a break the treble will usually straighten and the you will get the rig back. Don't worry about using strong mainline as Pike are not tackle shy.
adamscott
adamscott

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:57 pm

Stick a pop-up stick inside the bait and wobble it on the surface.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum