PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good water knackerd

+4
robbo
Spud
MAD BAD ANGLER
greg
8 posters

Go down

good water knackerd Empty good water knackerd

Post  greg Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:10 pm

went to a good pond yesterday for a go some pike. only to fine 4 polish guys fishing with live bait Shocked . well it is scotland. asked them what thay were doing "i dont know" was the answer. so i tolled them that it is illegal. then asked if thay take them home to eat. yes but not the big ones was the reply. show me how big i said. 4lb-5lb.
so i took photos of them, there bait in the sweet jar. cars and reg number Twisted Evil .
then spoke to the farmer who owns the pond. result.... all polish are now barred. and i now have his permission to throw them off. might now get the water back to what it was.
when i asked how thay found the water, as you cant see it from a road... google earth was the answer ..... ive had enough of this i dont know about you guys.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

good water knackerd Empty Re: good water knackerd

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:39 pm

well done greg, its about time people started fighting back against these sort of people Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . i only wish that more could be done too them if you catch my drift Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:53 pm

i know what you mean MBA. i still have the photos of them. i'm not 100% sure but i think thay are in trouble if i take them to the police...
it was a good wee bit of water known by a few pike guys. sad to say very little in there now. thats my winter fishing bust.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:52 am

its happening all over greg ...... Mad
Spud
Spud

http://scottishfieldsports.co.nr/

Back to top Go down

good water knackerd Empty polish !!

Post  robbo Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:57 pm

there seem 2 be hell of alot of polish eating our fish we had same problem at rudyard lake few months back stealing fish !!new to site anyone know of any good piking spots in the north west mostly do sea fishing but with the credit crunch around cant afford 2 travel thanks

robbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:36 pm

It seems to be part of the East Europe culture, eating Carp, Perch & Pike (and other species).
I was recently in Croatia on holiday, on the coast they do excellent sea fish dishes, never eaten Mackerel & squid so good!, the Scampi were superb, grilled with their shells & claws etc.. on.
If you go inland though, meat & course fish make up a lot of the menu, particularly Pike & Perch.. Sad

All we can do is point out to the immigrant workers that course fish are caught for pleasure & to be returned alive!

If commercially bred Pike etc. could be bought at the fishmonger, I'm curious as to whether the Polish etc.. would buy them or carry on poaching for them..? Shocked

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:01 pm

All we can do is point out to the immigrant workers that course fish are caught for pleasure & to be returned alive!

If commercially bred Pike etc. could be bought at the fishmonger, I'm curious as to whether the Polish etc.. would buy them or carry on poaching for them..? Shocked[/quote]

i did go down that road with them bazz. tolled the teenagers that if thay put them back thay would be fishing the same spot for the next ten years. but the adults didnt look that bothered. that was why i then went and spoke to the farmer. i'm realy pissed off.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:09 pm

Spud wrote:its happening all over greg ...... Mad

spud you live about ten min away from me. waters around here are crap and you have to travel. thats was around a 23mile oneway hike for nothing. im not sure where to go over winter now. the farmers son said, if i said anything without proof to them he would be called a racist Question . this country is wasted ...
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:13 pm

robbo wrote:there seem 2 be hell of alot of polish eating our fish we had same problem at rudyard lake few months back stealing fish !!new to site anyone know of any good piking spots in the north west mostly do sea fishing but with the credit crunch around cant afford 2 travel thanks

hi robbo, welcome to the site. not from that area bud, but i'm sure someone will help you.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:23 pm

as others have said, unfortunately it does seem to be very widespread these days. A lot of my local waters have been absolutely ruined because of behaviour like this. I P1sses me right off - not just because it spoils the angling, but it's upsetting the natural balance of a lot of waters too.

I'm glad you mangaged to get some sort of result though greg - sounds like the people you spoke to were a lot more interested than the authorities around here...
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  onetoner Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:55 pm

i know exactly what you mean i have seen it time and time again the problem is that polish people find it strange that we dont' eat pike perch zander etc etc. god they eat carp for christmas ,they just see fish as food that are entitled to be eaten and cant understand that we fish and take pics then release them.
i work with several poles and have been fishing with one of them " and god does he know how to use the lures" actually got a few of him little rubber type lures that they call gumma ribbae aka rubber fish,,,, anyway heres a saying for any1 who wants to use it nyae zibeieiiii aribae or nyae zibeeiii schoopack wich mean no kill fish and no kill pike//// spellin not correct but thats how it sounds
onetoner
onetoner

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Greg, report them anyway or you're wasting your own time. If nobody bothers to inform the Polis, they won't take any notice of the odd call here and there. Only if it becomes a repetitive problem that is reported will they act upon it. You dig?

Well done anyway... Smile
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum