PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

an American, pike fishing in england.... Near staines perhaps?

+8
Lefty
adie1200
Bazz
Andy Webster
dave78
noodle
Alex Makk
jpq1010
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

an American, pike fishing in england.... Near staines perhaps? - Page 2 Empty Re: an American, pike fishing in england.... Near staines perhaps?

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:08 pm

Ooooooooooo, here we go..............think you may have touched on a nerve jpq1010.
lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

an American, pike fishing in england.... Near staines perhaps? - Page 2 Empty Re: an American, pike fishing in england.... Near staines perhaps?

Post  jpq1010 Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:24 pm

yeah don't want to offend anyone ,just having a bit of fun (noodle started it anyway.. Very Happy ) you seem like a good lot. And why not get a little fun info out of my lass from Windsor.. cheers

jpq1010

Back to top Go down

Post  megsta Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:44 pm

hi, There is free fishing on the river thames in the centre of staines. I was there in the summer. There was plenty of eels. Further out towards windsor there are stretches of the thames that you can get day tickets for. Call into www.davies-angling.co.uk - the local staines fishing shop - they'll offer more advice.

megsta

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:12 pm

Megsta is right - its expensive in there though!
I used to live in Egham and regularly fish the thames for pike. There are plenty of free stretches to try - the locks are best but require a lock license to fish them (or used to when i was last there). Try shepperton for example.
If you can get out to the river wey around the shalford area there are some nice suprises to be had. (The perch have grown very big here too due to the cray explosion). Some very fat chub too especially in summer.
Twynersh fishery at chertsy (pit 3 ) used to have a few pike to 30lb but it may have become a syndicate now?!?
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:34 am

jpq1010 wrote:noodle.

in regards to your previous post about southerners drinking shandy...my girlfriend says that the girls up there in the grim north don't wear coats! Very Happy

its true a skirt thong and skimpy top in the depths of winter but plenty of alcohol (think antifreeze Laughing )

to give yo a hint i went to oxford a few years back and it was in febuary i wore a t shirt and pair of combats, the girl i was meeting down there (nothing dodgy id known her for a while through climbing) turned up in a fleece and big hefty coat it was about 10 deg c i mean cmon thats summer temps up here What a Face

just out of interst whe you mentioned jaw spreaders could you clarify are you talking about the boga style grips or a 'gag' type?
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:55 pm

jpq1010 wrote:Andy, thanks for fixing the link. that's pretty much the way i go about unhooking toothy fish,but sometimes they just seem to want to bite down on the bait.

Not if done properly. Follow the correct procedure for unhooking pike and they can't clamp down on anything, including your bait/fingers.

Click HERE for Unhooking Pike instructions by Yours Truly

Thangyoo....Andy.... geek
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum