PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

river pikeing

3 posters

Go down

river pikeing Empty river pikeing

Post  craigpix2000 Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 am

rite so am gunna try my hand more at river pikeing instead of the lakes i fish but what am i looking for eg: if the waters up and murky am i better off float fishing deads or lives if i catch em or ledgering them or is there specific things to do if the waters low and clear deep and murky, deep and clear hope u understand what i meen but i really fancy catching a river pike ive used the lures to not much luck on there but my fave method has got to be float now seing it bob away ad stuff keeps me intrested longer and watching the water like a hawk the part of the river i fish also joins to a canal which is quite easy acess to get but all my times down there not seen many if at all using deads only lures
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

river pikeing Empty Re: river pikeing

Post  dave78 Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:05 am

hi graig

i've always found the best method is to ' suck it and see '....... try almost anything you can think of in all conditions till you find the one!
i like to think the simpler the better, if the river is running, try drifting your bait, it''ll seem more natural, if it's still then float or ledger is great, personaly i love the float anytime i can.
the same goes for deadbaits, if one don't work, try another, on rivers this week i have caught on smelt, lamprey, roach and even the humble spat got me a nice 11lb fish!
also do some homework on rivers, ask around on the banks or even takle shops to see where they are catching, it's amazing how the fish can be nowhere to be seen but half a mile down the bank, there's plenty
good look mate
dave78
dave78

Back to top Go down

Post  craigpix2000 Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:18 am

cheers dave i do try and keep an eye on the match results but the stretch i fish doesnt get alot of hammer from people pleasure fishing ive seen the odd old boy pulling rudd/roach from 1 spot practically 1 a chuck so im gunna try that area first and take feeder rod aswell try and get some lives that should improve my chances im hoping
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 pm

float ledger is my fav rig on rivers Very Happy
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  dave78 Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:26 pm

craigpix2000 wrote:cheers dave i do try and keep an eye on the match results but the stretch i fish doesnt get alot of hammer from people pleasure fishing ive seen the odd old boy pulling rudd/roach from 1 spot practically 1 a chuck so im gunna try that area first and take feeder rod aswell try and get some lives that should improve my chances im hoping

good idea, where theres rudd and roach there should be pike pretty close by, using these fish as baits should work well, you may well find the pike will pick up a deadbait just the same as live
dave78
dave78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down