PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

drinking on the bank

+5
esoxjeff
greg
patch
Lobbygobbler
stubbo
9 posters

Go down

drinking on the bank Empty drinking on the bank

Post  stubbo Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:17 pm

hi

forum just whant to share a moment with you when i went to do a bit of bream bashing on a local water in warrington . The day started off well cast the baits out settled down into my chair for a nice relaxing day bream fishing........then about 20 yards away 2 guys arrived shortly after me.Initially i thought these guys where carp fishing but they turned out to be after pike which i thought was a bit strange because it was the last week in august and very warm.Me personally i dont start till november sometimes later.Anyway they set up and out goes there baits........then out come 24 cans of lash .
Now dont get me wrong i have no problem with anybody having a nice cool beer on a summers day but these boy proceeded to neck these at a very fast rate infact in about 2 hours in that time the radio got louder and there voices too. To be honest it like fishing at the v festival cans everywhere loud music even the moorhens had stopped diving on me groundbait.By this time i was feeling a tiny bit miffed shall we say then out of the foliage stepped my savior the bailiff who quickly took there day ticket money and buggered off........nice one. BY this time my blood pressure 160 over 80 thought about packing up then one of the guys walked off maybe he had enough and was going home.....blood pressure dropping .Ten minuts had passed i kid you not he came back with another 24 cans...by this time they were proper rat arsed,they proceeded to carry on drinking........................Then it happened one of the rods was away alarm screaming what happened next was unbelievable it was like a demented buster keeton trip one of the guys went flying over his mates bed chair banging his head on the floor and busting his nose .The other guy flew of his bed running down the bank and into the lake upto his knees in water screaming landing net.........but guess what there was none set up .I thought i best get over there with my net when i got over there the rod had a good bend in it clearly a good fish .By the way he was playing the fish i new he didnt have much idea then he proceeded to tighten his drag even more and more . I advised the guy that it was a big fish and dont be to hasty with the drag yet its not ready yet.....off the fish went in the opposite direction i kept shouting drag .....drag........drag.........drag sounding like the drunken vicar in father ted .The line gave way which looked about 8lb breaking strain so that big pike was out there with a set of trebles in it........i flipped cannot print what i said to those guys cannot beleive the bailiff never said any thing about the drink that pike could be dead by now in my eyes it was the drink that lost that pike it made my blood boil leave the drink at home lads......or am i getting a grumpy old git No
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

drinking on the bank Empty Re: drinking on the bank

Post  Lobbygobbler Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Stubbo, not a grumpy old get mate, but by the sounds of it someone who genuinly cares about the enviroment, wildlife and most of all the fish. Ive seen it in my neck of the woods and it makes my blood boil. The bailiffs are not much help either as MOST of them, not all, are content with taking your cash and then disappearing. As for giving them a rollocking, WELL DONE.! Smile

Lobbygobbler

Back to top Go down

Post  patch Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:56 pm

Lobbygobbler wrote:Stubbo, not a grumpy old get mate, but by the sounds of it someone who genuinly cares about the enviroment, wildlife and most of all the fish. Ive seen it in my neck of the woods and it makes my blood boil. The bailiffs are not much help either as MOST of them, not all, are content with taking your cash and then disappearing. As for giving them a rollocking, WELL DONE.! Smile

sum bailiffs are just useless Evil or Very Mad

well said Lobby Wink
patch
patch

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 pm

hi lobby gobbler hows the fishing where you are is that nature reserve thawed out yet affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:18 pm

well done cheers . it happens every where now bud. its a sad state on the banks now a days. i dont drink, and hate drunks canni stand them.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobbygobbler Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:08 am

Stubbo, the flash is probably the only place not to freeze over around here. Ive not been for a couple of weeks but the last time I went my lad had a jack about 5lb. Going to give it a go in the morning with a mate of mine.

Lobbygobbler

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Lobbygobbler wrote:Stubbo, not a grumpy old get mate, but by the sounds of it someone who genuinly cares about the enviroment, wildlife and most of all the fish. Ive seen it in my neck of the woods and it makes my blood boil. The bailiffs are not much help either as MOST of them, not all, are content with taking your cash and then disappearing. As for giving them a rollocking, WELL DONE.! Smile

must agree all the way with you here mate
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:17 pm

greg wrote:well done cheers . it happens every where now bud. its a sad state on the banks now a days. i dont drink, and hate drunks canni stand them.

tea-total-er affraid
just kidding lol!
100% full support on your veiws here mate cheers (no pun intended) lol!
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Very Happy the wife says i'm a boring old "c".
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

drinking on the bank Empty Lash on the bank

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:48 pm

greg wrote:well done cheers . it happens every where now bud. its a sad state on the banks now a days. i dont drink, and hate drunks canni stand them.
hi greg dont think ive got it in for drinkers its the welfare of the fish that really gets to me . those guys could have drunk themselves to death for all i care ......do you see where i am coming from.......greg .......wife just told me to let it go lol!
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:12 pm

stubbo wrote:
hi greg dont think ive got it in for drinkers its the welfare of the fish that really gets to me . those guys could have drunk themselves to death for all i care ......do you see where i am coming from.......greg .......wife just told me to let it go lol!

hi bud, i do see where your coming from. i had a worse experince at a waterside, due to louts and drink. it should be banned. once drunk thay have no respect for others.
and thay dont have to be certain age either to be classed as louts.
drugs plays a big part aswell....

think i need to chillout Very Happy Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

drinking on the bank Empty lash on the bank

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:33 pm

think i will have drink...................just one Twisted Evil
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:42 pm

no problem with a good drink,a good time,but never on bank.theres a time an place for that.my time on bank nowadays is very limleted due to work so i do my best to get the most from my fishing,not getting legless!!prefere a nice hot chocolate or steaming mug of tea on bank
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

drinking on the bank Empty bank drinking

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:13 pm

hi nick good to hear your on the same wavelenth on fish welfare theres i time and place for drink have you seen the vids on you tube pike anglers......no let me rephrase that pike killers the treatment of the pike is disgusting skull dragging pike up a pebbled beach for a example no landing nets no mats i could go on and on it really winds me up there should be something we can do .......E.A should get involed more Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:49 pm

pal,i fish a club water with a decent pike in,a well likd member as ad the big on,anyway was fishing one day and him an a mate ad a fish.not a big one but anyway!!he was sreaming get net ect,splash once at it,mates says ;;oh it dont like that,bank it!!did just that!next ten mins still not un hooked,me drags me rods in to go round an sort it.anyway next thing it was in water!asked if ad a bit of troube came the reply ,deep hooked,couldnt reach hooks,only 6 "FORCEPS..forgot to say aswell it was a 10 min run!!..i did kick a fuss up but he his a well liked member an was told if dont like it ,go elsewhere.!

Last edited by nickcarpy on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:58 pm

another dead pike nick ...... it does my head in you wouldnt believe how many pike i have caught in the years i have been fishing with the hooks still in them......i have got the hooks out of them all apart from one it saddens me Evil or Very Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:50 am

esoxjeff wrote:

tea-total-er affraid
just kidding lol!

so thats 12 pints and a cup of char for the old one love please (on thursday jeff )lol!
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 pm

Stories like this really get to me!
I just want to go round and give these scum bags a good seeing too!!!

Only problem is I could loose my SIA license, so all I'm left with is lecturing like a teacher! Embarassed
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

drinking on the bank Empty drink on the bank

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:32 pm

nightwatchman wrote:Stories like this really get to me!
I just want to go round and give these scum bags a good seeing too!!!

Only problem is I could loose my SIA license, so all I'm left with is lecturing like a teacher! Embarassed
i come quiet close to throttling these two they were well drunk good job the missus was with me to calm the savage beast affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:50 pm

kell wrote:
esoxjeff wrote:

tea-total-er affraid
just kidding lol!

so thats 12 pints and a cup of char for the old one love please (on thursday jeff )lol!

nice one kell lol! lol!
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:47 pm

I love fishing and I love relaxing with a beer. But "never the twain shall meet"

My first thought of mixing the two is poor fish handling, next is pi$$ing other anglers off to the point where fisty cuffs come out (which doesn't look good if it reaches the local paper does it?) and thirdly if the drunken twit is on his own, falls in and drowns, what about his rotting body polluting the water? Very Happy
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:42 pm

more food for the pike i say lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum