PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 piece pike rods.

4 posters

Go down

3 piece pike rods. Empty 3 piece pike rods.

Post  bull Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:52 pm

your thoughts, do you get the same action from a 3 piece pike rod as you would from a 2 piece, tc 3lb bearing in mind the make ,has some are short to medium to long, normal length 12ft.
cheers.

bull

Back to top Go down

3 piece pike rods. Empty Re: 3 piece pike rods.

Post  The Otter Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:06 pm

To be honest i would always stick with the 2 piece 12ft type of rod as most holdalls cater for taking these types of rods made up. I have tried on many an occasion to put a three piece coarse rod in the car made up and failed. with regards to the action i should imagine they wont be far different.
The Otter
The Otter

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:14 pm

the abu are decent enough the action is a little softer than the same 2 piece but it isnt a major problem.

i was contemplating these so i could get some fishing in on days out with the missus and kids as they would fit in the boot

the shakespere ones think they were only 2.5 though were not too bad but the reel seat wouldnt accomodate the reels i wanted to use with them, they would be fine with normal reel such as interceptors shimano baitruners etc

in the end i decided not to fish with baits on days out and just throw lures at sea fish insted
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bull Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:40 pm

putting the mrs and kids in the boot means more room for your gear noodle, not a bad idea not. lol!

bull

Back to top Go down

Post  skip Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:49 pm

I travel to Ireland at least once a year, and I have a few 3 & 4 piece rods that I use. The best of these being the 4pce TFG Journeyman rod. 3lb Test Curve, and great for all my legering needs. Had a look at the newer 2.75 lb Test curve versions from TFG recently, and they look pretty useful too.
My other travel rods are multipiece Shimano rods that come in Cordura & Plastic tubes for travel. Too heavy to hold all day long, and very powerful actions - best suited to long range fishing on the bigger loughs.
Shakespeare used to do a couple of travel rods that are pretty useable for float and legering. It's a matter of taste at the end of the day. You will lose some of the action with any multi-piece rod, but make up for it in ease of travel. They'll still catch fish though, so they are worth a look.
skip
skip

http://www.pacgb.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  bull Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:42 pm

thks skip. Smile

bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down