PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member & Handmade Foil Lures

+6
MAD BAD ANGLER
adie1200
greg
paddy pike
tootall
JP MYERS
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Member & Handmade Foil Lures Empty New Member & Handmade Foil Lures

Post  JP MYERS Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:02 am

Hello everybody,
I am a new member to the forums here at Pike Angler..I made a post in the New Member forum to introduce myself.. I make my own lures, enjoy pike and musky fishing near my home in the State of Ohio, USA and also fishing trips to Ontario and Quebec, Canada ..

Here is a few I recently finished from solid plastic stock.. These are silver foil Shad 175mm 2.5oz and gold foil Perch 137mm 1.7oz..
Thanks for having me, hope you enjoy the pics, hope to post again soon..
JP~

New Member & Handmade Foil Lures FOILZ_006_

New Member & Handmade Foil Lures FOILZ_002_

New Member & Handmade Foil Lures FOILZ_051_

New Member & Handmade Foil Lures FOILZ_057_

These lures are floaters, they dive quickly to 2-3 meters, ascend back to surface slow enough that you can stop cranking and jerk-twitch the lures in the strike zone too..
Thanks for viewing,
JP~

JP MYERS

Back to top Go down

New Member & Handmade Foil Lures Empty Re: New Member & Handmade Foil Lures

Post  tootall Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:35 am

hello and welcome to the forum - they look very well made those lures - well done Cool
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Very Happy Hello JP and welcome to the site, I have been looking at your lures for a while now on ebay, They are very good indeed, But well out of range of my pocket money sorry, Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:10 pm

hello, very nice Very Happy . where about on ebay paddy, or just tell me how much.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:14 pm

greg wrote:hello, very nice Very Happy . where about on ebay paddy, or just tell me how much.
Around $20+, Just click the earth symbol on his post, This takes you to his Ebay site, Some great lures Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:47 pm

paddy pike wrote:
greg wrote:hello, very nice Very Happy . where about on ebay paddy, or just tell me how much.
Around $20+, Just click the earth symbol on his post, This takes you to his Ebay site, Some great lures Very Happy

cheers paddy. i see what you mean, might stick with yo-zuri Laughing
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:07 pm

greg wrote:
paddy pike wrote:

cheers paddy. i see what you mean, might stick with yo-zuri Laughing
Very Happy Its the postage that kills it for the buyers Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:34 pm

oops he's removed his blog. it must have been something YOU said paddy lol!
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:39 pm

greg wrote:oops he's removed his blog. it must have been something YOU said paddy lol!
Cool Hahahahahaha Very Happy I dont think so, Very Happy But i do know you cant get free advertising on this forum Shocked , Pluss i think you need to have permision to sell on here, Shocked Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:43 pm

paddy pike wrote:
greg wrote:oops he's removed his blog. it must have been something YOU said paddy lol!
Cool Hahahahahaha Very Happy I dont think so, Very Happy But i do know you cant get free advertising on this forum Shocked , Pluss i think you need to have permision to sell on here, Shocked Very Happy

job done Wink
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Cool SORTED Cool
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  JP MYERS Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Yes I removed it so as to be compliant.. I never posted a signature so I had no idea any web addy would appear on my posts.. After reading about the "earth" symbol I deleted the addy in my profile & that seems to have removed the symbol..sorry about that..

If I had any idea posting pics of 2 lures would raise such problems I would never have done so.. Im fast approaching the half century mark in age, been online for at least 15yrs and know that the vast majority of sites do not permit ads or selling & I have always complied to the best of my knowledge.. I do not use signatures as a rule for that reason.. As I did not mention either, I was a bit befuddled at first until I read the post mentioning the Earth symbol which I had not even seen up to that time... It was taken by me as a friendly warning, I have no ill feeling about it & would hope it would have been dropped by now..

My interest in forums is the same always, to spark interest in my fav hobby, handcrafting lures, and to see what others make & the colors that are successful in their areas.. Also enjoy very much sharing or helping out newbies to luremaking in any way I can with tips & tricks to improve their quality of work as many have helped me in the same way.. Their are thousands better than I, and had plenty of help by them so its alwys fun to pass it on..
Not to mention my fav fish is the pike and this is the only "pike only" type forum I have come across in a long time.. In most forums I've found, to get to some good pike photos/lures/stories, you first have to wade thru all the musky/bass talk as those 2 fishes are generally considered the most popular with the majority of fisherpersons..I enjoy both of those fishes as well, but I got hooked on pike back in 1976, the first time my Dad took me to Cananda for a week of dawn to dusk pike fishing..

Anyway, take care guys, tight lines & happy fishing.. The Admin here can delete my post if possible, I cant seem to do so on my own or delete the profile either, so the thread is stuck here until someone removes it..
Thanks,
JP~

JP MYERS

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:05 pm

Jp theres no reason for you to leave the forum You weren't to know we have a no advertizing policy Wink
Come on guys give him a chance hey Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:45 pm

no ill feelings mate Very Happy and can i just add...love the lures Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MAD BAD ANGLER
MAD BAD ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:36 am

they are cracking lures Very Happy here is no problem posting pics,shareing catches ect you had on them Very Happy just no direct selling on site.iam sure the intrest they have brung up can be sorted if people contact you by pm Wink Wink no hard feelings at all buddy.
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:53 pm

its just banter bud, no need to leave thats just daft. join in Very Happy Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:01 am

Love the perch colured lures JP.

By the way, don't feel like you have to leave. There's no problem talking lures and posting pictures of the lures you make, fish you've caught, techniques or just random stuff on the non-fishing area.

More than welcome mate.... geek

...Andy...
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:45 pm

Very Happy JP, PM sent, Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  JP MYERS Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Thanks for all the replies, positive comments guys, i appreciate them all.. Yeah, I would definitely like to participate in the forum.. And to be awash in jealousy viewing your pike pics as they do not grow as large in my region as they do across the big pond.. Well, certainly not in my State anyway.. I would sure like to know the reason for that.. Anyway seems to be better pike genes over your way than mine, maybe its the warmer waters here as I have about 7 months of temps in 25c-31c range..

Up in Northern Canada you can hook some mighty big ones and in a few States along the Canandian border, but here in my home State of Ohio they're not so big.. If I could manage to hook say a +100cm pike in Ohio, I would consider it a life-time achievement..haha

I have been very busy between work hours and visiting my senior brother in the hospital as he had an automobile accident this past weekend & is in poor condition.. But hope to indulge in reading the current & older post as well..
JP~

JP MYERS

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:57 pm

glad to hear /see you not left buddy Very Happy sorry to hear about the family,hope alls well Very Happy and,well spain does thirty plus[14 kg] pike?so why you area dont i dont know why?any ideas guys? Very Happy welcome back anyway
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:00 pm

nickcarpy wrote:glad to hear /see you not left buddy Very Happy sorry to hear about the family,hope alls well Very Happy and,well spain does thirty plus[14 kg] pike?so why you area dont i dont know why?any ideas guys? Very Happy welcome back anyway

Food, habitat and is it fished ???? there is a river in spain that is holding cats at 70lb+ and there is a chemical factory on the banks as well as a dam at the end........... study study study study study
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:06 am

HELLO HELLO you still there lure tart here Laughing

look very nice any that are not cranks, or made in wood Wink
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:05 am

mr makk,the catfish in spain run to a mega 226lb,its nowt to do with the chemical plant.when i fished the ebro below the dam wall they was getting pike an black bass,same above to.years ago if some can remember how warm the water was on trent when power stations was working?an alex when i fished the trent years ago but now more famous,the gravel swim at cromwell the carp was deformed,at a ratio of 1 in 3.?ie no dorsels,or pecs missing ect.that might av been down to chemicals in the water?
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  JP MYERS Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Most of the waters locally are heavily fished during warm months but food sources are strong.. Also much water sport activity such as water ski & jet ski.. Annoying buggers!.. The musky grow big, the catfish grow big,..
Ohio sports one of the finest catfish lakes in America, called Saltfork Lake.. Big Flathead cats over 100lb and the Ohio River close to my home sports monster Flatheads.. Many Old-Timers claim they grow as long as a man in length, I do not doubt it..
Our carp are big too.. Almost every lake I can think of here sports carp over 48".. In the hot Summer months the carp roll on the surface in shallow waters of lakes, very easy to find them in lenghts over 4 feet, some push the 5 foot length..
Well going to do some lure painting now.. I promised my Father to paint him a frog lure for his birthday next week.. I made him a big frog body with jointed legs, about a 175mm lure, trying to give it a natural looking paint scheme.. not as easy as I thought it would be..!

PS:Thanks for the best wishes to my family.. My brother had a heart attack while driving..He went across center lane, hit another vehicle head-on, broke his sternum(chest), had surgery to remove bone fragments that had punctured his lungs.. feeling better but will in hospital for some weeks..
JP~

JP MYERS

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:30 pm

is it only one rod rule or is that canada?mainly /mostly common carp arnt they?
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next