PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFGear alarm? Your thoughts please.

+3
tootall
nickcarpy
Lefty
7 posters

Go down

TFGear alarm? Your thoughts please. Empty TFGear alarm? Your thoughts please.

Post  Lefty Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Because my old one has given up the ghost, I'm in need of a new bite alarm that will be used for pike fishing in winter and for carp in the warmer months. I want one that will be reliable, preferably take 'normal' batteries such as AAA, AA, PP3 etc, weatherproof and more importantly inexpensive. Not because I'm tight but because my benefits have been stopped so we now have to live just off the missus' wages and Tax Credits. Crying or Very sad

I saw a TFGear one on Ebay for £7 claiming to be brand new so checked out the TFGear website and lo and behold they do sell for that price Shocked

But will it be any good? If you don't think it will be up to it then can you recommend another one? I can probably stretch to around £20 if need be.

Thanks for your help guys.

Ebay link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TFG-TF-GEAR-HARDWEAR-ALARM-VOLUME-CONTROL-/310223067084?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item483abc57cc

Last edited by Lefty on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added ebay link)
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

TFGear alarm? Your thoughts please. Empty Re: TFGear alarm? Your thoughts please.

Post  nickcarpy Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:21 pm

its ok gear,aimed at peple on a budget.like us all.anyway there stuff is ok.its matt hayes gear.go on line an climax tackle do a buzzer at £17.99.me mate ad one,still got it 3 years on. Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

TFGear alarm? Your thoughts please. Empty Re: TFGear alarm? Your thoughts please.

Post  Lefty Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:29 pm

I don't suppose you can remember which one it is can you, nick?
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:31 pm

I swear by the micron m for a general everyday alarm can get them wuite cheap now (especially 2nd hand) and will last you for years and years:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__fox+micron+m_W0QQ_dmdZ2?rvr_id=&crlp=555041140_228459_228460&UA=%3F*I7&GUID=339ea32c1260a0aad4449ac4fe67a936&agid=314651620&MT_ID=11&keyword=fox+micron+m&ff4=228459_228460
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Lefty, you recommended me a reel and now i recommend you these pair of alarms Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Top-Carp-Rubber-Finish-Fishing-Bite-Alarm-Indicator-/320519159387?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item4aa06e3e5b#ht_500wt_721

These alarms are excellent, i have got a pair(as i am on a budget like yourself) and so has my uncle, they have everything on them : tone, sensitivity, volume, on/off and are even waterproof they do take the 9V batteries though:D Very Happy The seller/shop has an excellent service...............
I have not used the TF gear alarms But some of the reviews i have read up are Mixed study study
The choice is yours Wink Wink

Here is a site which i have found, it has some Fox alarms starting at £18

http://www.nailorsfishing.co.uk/Carp-Fishing/Bite%20Alarms/Fox/C2-159-633-1-0.htm
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

TFGear alarm? Your thoughts please. Empty alarming

Post  essox_lucius1 Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:56 am

tootall wrote:I swear by the micron m for a general everyday alarm can get them wuite cheap now (especially 2nd hand) and will last you for years and years:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__fox+micron+m_W0QQ_dmdZ2?rvr_id=&crlp=555041140_228459_228460&UA=%3F*I7&GUID=339ea32c1260a0aad4449ac4fe67a936&agid=314651620&MT_ID=11&keyword=fox+micron+m&ff4=228459_228460
micron m are a fab little alarm i have the mx for the everyday stuff you can get them submerged in water and they carry on working one was even in a loch over night lol plus they can be modded up to fit remote system
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Just Ms I use too. Bomproof little beasties...and I've punished them alright.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:42 pm

I've checked on ebay and put a watch on some Micron M's.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:56 pm

What kind of watch? I had a Timex once.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:What kind of watch? I had a Timex once.

Well, it most definitely WON'T be a Rolex geek
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:02 pm

I managed to get hold of a seconhand Fox Micron M with a hard cover for £15 from fleabay.

I like it as it isn't overcomplicated or got extras on it. Small too Very Happy

My only gripe is that it takes LR1 batteries. I was hoping it would take 'normal' batteries such as AA, AAA or PP3 (I have some rechargable AA and AAA) so I can get them from anywhere. Luckily my local hardware shop has them. (£1.99 each and it takes 2 of them)

MrMakk, I know you recommended the other ones but with all the good reports and reviews I've read about the Fox ones, I just had to have one.

Looking forward to putting it to test.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Lefty wrote:I managed to get hold of a seconhand Fox Micron M with a hard cover for £15 from fleabay.

My only gripe is that it takes LR1 batteries. I was hoping it would take 'normal' batteries such as AA, AAA or PP3 (I have some rechargable AA and AAA) so I can get them from anywhere. Luckily my local hardware shop has them. (£1.99 each and it takes 2 of them)

MrMakk, I know you recommended the other ones but with all the good reports and reviews I've read about the Fox ones, I just had to have one.

I cannot fault you lefty. Maybe when work pick up I am most likely to pick up a set of fox's Very Happy Very Happy
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:09 pm

MrMakk wrote:
Lefty wrote:I managed to get hold of a seconhand Fox Micron M with a hard cover for £15 from fleabay.

Very Happy I cannot fault you lefty. Maybe when work pick up I am most likely to pick up a set of fox's Very Happy Very Happy

Very Happy I dont really understand what the difference between a fox one and any other is, Dont they all do the same thing, Or am i totaly off track, As i did a Tattoo for two Fox ones years ago, And just gave them away to my nephew as he is into noisy fishing haha Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum