PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hints and Tips on Lure Fishing

+3
deadbait
noodle
Andy Webster
7 posters

Go down

Hints and Tips on Lure Fishing Empty Hints and Tips on Lure Fishing

Post  Andy Webster Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Well, we should have a topic for lure fishing too.

I'll add the results to the website for posterity.

And my tip...

Lure fishing is twelve months of the year tactic. Don't limit your lure sessions to the summer time. Winter lure fishing can be a great time to keep active, warm and search out those pike.

Andy

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hints and Tips on Lure Fishing Empty Re: Hints and Tips on Lure Fishing

Post  noodle Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:03 pm

most important tip for lure fishing is

depth control

learn what lures you can fish at given depths and work with those rather than colour as your first choice
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:06 pm

if you get a follow from a pike let the lure fall to the bottom and leave it some times when you give it a twitch the pike has it Very Happy
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:20 pm

use a dark/black lure up in the water when in low light conditions as it is easier for the fish to see it from down below whilst it is silhouetted against the sky. Cool
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:29 pm

That's why I paint my lures upside-down...sort of. Instead of having a light belly-dark topside, I do it the other way around and generally only in silver and black.

Why camo your lures? That makes no sense. May as well make them as easy to see as possible and metallic silver reflects light back at any time of day (more or less) and black provides a nice silhouette from below. Perfect.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:29 pm

side cutters are a must even for bait fishing (incase an awkward hooking) chop the hooks and replace em. but be sure to take the shanks out the fish!!!!
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cavemandom Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:43 am

MrMakk wrote:side cutters are a must even for bait fishing (incase an awkward hooking) chop the hooks and replace em. but be sure to take the shanks out the fish!!!!
my tip for lure fishing is, use a long trace and wrap a piece of foil half way up trace, this givs the effect your lure itself is chasing a baitfish, never tried it only a theory but will be trying it this summer...

cavemandom

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:52 am

cavemandom wrote:
MrMakk wrote:side cutters are a must even for bait fishing (incase an awkward hooking) chop the hooks and replace em. but be sure to take the shanks out the fish!!!!
my tip for lure fishing is, use a long trace and wrap a piece of foil half way up trace, this givs the effect your lure itself is chasing a baitfish, never tried it only a theory but will be trying it this summer...

that sound good to try,
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:12 pm

cavemandom wrote:

I used to fish with a french blade a few inches up my traces for spinning and plugging with cranks. I don't know that it made any difference but I suppose it's worth a crack. You might find it makes a noticeable difference.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:58 am

Andy Macfarlane wrote:
cavemandom wrote:

I used to fish with a french blade a few inches up my traces for spinning and plugging with cranks. I don't know that it made any difference but I suppose it's worth a crack. You might find it makes a noticeable difference.

now i know glasgow may by some be considered a little rough but http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/opinel_carbon_steel_blade_range_knives/

may be taking it a little far

one of these (size 10) cost me the tip of left index finer when i was about 12 Embarassed
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:18 am

Why he's a comedian...lol

Not quite the french blade I was thinking of but thanks. Besides, that wouldn't get you far in a fight in Glasgow. You'd get that pokey wee chib taken off you.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum