PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time on the Awe

3 posters

Go down

First time on the Awe Empty First time on the Awe

Post  Frazz Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Decided too head up the Awe for the first time last Saturday morning wi a couple of mates.. Hired a boat and found a good wee bay and camped out overnight then left on Sunday night.
Turned out too be a not bad weekend nailed a 15lb withing the first hour then a 12lb the following day. Downside was losing 3 hard fighting fish one of which snapped my 30lb braid Shocked
Another few runs over the 2 days so was quite happy for my first time considering ive spoke too some people who blank. Not too forget the wee shite of an eel which woke me up by settin my bite alarm off in the early hours lol!!

First time on the Awe 58094910

First time on the Awe 39442458

Frazz

Back to top Go down

First time on the Awe Empty Re: First time on the Awe

Post  Bearface Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:08 am

Snapped your 30lb braid, that would have been a beauty for sure then! Sounds like you did well considering that you only had two days fishing, me and my mate have made the long trip (7.5hrs from Sheffield) up to Awe for the past few years and really struggled with the piking. Camped on the North East bank the last couple of years but had more luck with the fly for trout or the pesky crayfish nicking our bates!

We're coming up again at the end of this month and am keen to find new spots to try, where abouts did you camp?

Cheers

Bearface

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Snapped off with 30lb braid sounds like a problem with the line itself or the terrain your were fishing in. 30lb braid shoud land mostly anything no matter how the pike get.

I'd examine the line and if the line is OK, look at the terain your fishing over.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum