PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preferred bite indication

+16
tomthepiker
stubbo
noodle
jon123
ginger321
Andy Macfarlane
Richard Neath
adie1200
craigpix2000
paddy pike
Gerry_Pike
Lefty
tootall
piketastic
nickcarpy
Andy Webster
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is your preferred method of bite indication?

Preferred bite indication - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Preferred bite indication - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 9 ]
Preferred bite indication - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%Preferred bite indication - Page 2 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 13 ]
Preferred bite indication - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%Preferred bite indication - Page 2 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 13 ]
Preferred bite indication - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Preferred bite indication - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 38

Preferred bite indication - Page 2 Empty Re: Preferred bite indication

Post  tomthepiker Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:36 pm

just cast my vote..........(excuse the pun) i do like it when an alarm starts to scream away but i love when the float starts bobbing and just starts gliding along the water gets your heart going just imagineing the jaws theme tune in the background lol! lol! lol!
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Preferred bite indication - Page 2 Empty prefered bite indication

Post  doug6364 Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:17 pm

As much as i like to have the rods set up with buzzers at front and pike swingers at the rear, i just love to watch a float bob and then disappear, gets your heart going.............is it a biggun ??. You can see what way the fish is going also. You cant beat float fishing for pike.
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:12 pm

I do prefer the float, as I don't think there is any sight better in fishing than watching you float disappear, and it keeps the mind concentrated no napping.
silvers
silvers

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk1 Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Today i had one on the running rig and one on the float.
The float was in the margin and the rig a good 50 yards out.

The Rig went off first ending in i would say about 14lb. Then literally as i was un hooking off dashed the float . I had just managed to slip it back in as i really was caught in that horrible inbetween catches stage.

I landed the Pike and again i would say about the same maybe a tad bigger . It was quite strange after all the splashing about that one a few minutes later shot off. Maybe it was chasing the original pike or after things had calmed the bait had been moved. Probably would have.. nothing for the rest of the day

Hawk1

Back to top Go down

Post  alanhred Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:00 pm

Can't beat seeing the float sail away but always a chance I'll doze off so front alarms as well Sleep

alanhred

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum