PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worth the risk?

+2
stubbo
tootall
6 posters

Go down

Worth the risk? Empty Worth the risk?

Post  tootall Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:45 pm

An area of drain I fish runs along the side of a large RSPB nature reserve reservoir. I have never fished it (the res) as it is strictly no fishing. However I have often spent many a day down there fishing the drain and never even seen another fisherman or birdwatcher. It would be very easy to put a sly rod in the res behind me (hidden behind hedges etc) whilst i fished the drain as usual. I am certian that the pike have acess between the drain and res and going by some of the pike i've had in the drain I reckon the pike in the res could go much much bigger.
So, would you risk it? And if on the off chance i did get caught what sort of punishment could i face? lol Smile

Last edited by tootall on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Worth the risk? Empty Re: Worth the risk?

Post  stubbo Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:55 pm

you would have to run the gautlet of twitchers who would beat you to death with their binos:D
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:49 pm

tootall wrote:An area of drain I fish runs along the side of a large RSPB nature reserve reservoir. I have never fished it (the res) as it is strictly no fishing. However I have often spent many a day down there fishing the drain and never even seen another fisherman or birdwatcher. It would be very easy to put a sly rod in the res behind me (hidden behind hedges etc) whilst i fished the drain as usual. I am certian that the pike have acess between the drain and res and going by some of the pike i've had in the drain I reckon the pike in the res could go much much bigger.
So, would you risk it? And if on the off chance i did get caught what sort of punishment could i face? lol Smile

Who dares wins?

I would fish it, I enjoy this type of fishing, its not everyones cuppa tea but I would do it.

Andrew.

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:57 pm

get it done!!!all they can do is complain,they carnt put you in prison lol!!! Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:33 pm

I am allways up for combat fishing, Now whats the word they use for it, Oh yes Poaching, I dont know an angler that hasn't had a go at this sort of fishing somwhere in there lives, Chuck a line in once is risky, Then you will become at ease with it after the next few times, But if you hook a 35Lb'er who can you tell ???
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:09 am

get a line in rob i could show you hundreds who do and they dont have licences lol Very Happy
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:44 am

kell wrote:get a line in rob i could show you hundreds who do and they dont have licences lol Very Happy
lol! lol! lol!
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:37 am

kell wrote:get a line in rob i could show you hundreds who do and they dont have licences lol Very Happy

Laughing Laughing
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamby78 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:18 pm

These unfished venues are very appealing hmmmm
Lamby78
Lamby78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum