PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you do?

+3
paddy pike
adie1200
piketastic
7 posters

Go down

What would you do? Empty What would you do?

Post  piketastic Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:47 pm

i went this morning, dint catch owt,,,I was moving some of the reeds in my swim with my landing net , when, SNAP the spreader block sheered off ! Damn! So Im not 1 to fish without a net so I had to reel in. Only 8 oclock anall Crying or Very sad .....................But thats when I saw her.Less than 6 foot out in front of me was a monster. I am a reserved person, so Im only going to say 25lb!!!! She wasnt just laid up like they tend to do. She was hovering with intent! Her tail was bent and her fins were flapping like she was ready to pounce. Now there I am with a net in my hand and a pole in the other... so I lay them down and reeled the other rod in towards her.... I now had a popped up herrings head less than a foot away from the biggest pike I had ever seen. She nosed to the bait, I was in awe , nervous , excited and shaking. All the while thinking about how I would land her with a 42" net in my left hand. She swam a foot past my bait and I honestly thought she was going to strike my bait at any time. But she sauntered off as if knowingly and with a definite swagger. Absolutely awesome !!! My problem is then boys..... tomorrow I am on a 2 day stint to a different river.... but Im thinking should I cancel and go after the beast.... or should I just go on my trip. What would you do!!!!!
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post  adie1200 Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:54 pm

Thats a dilema mate lol!

I chin 90% of my pike But i never go without a net just incase theres a problem and you have to use a net !
Always best to be on the safe side mate Wink

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:59 pm

I would go on the trip, BUT i would try somthing different to see if it works "Like Freelineing" Because maybe the old girl is wise to the float, So just use a cork out of a bottle or an old or new tennis ball as a float, If you were ledgering maybe you were to far out, As she was very close in, Needs some thought but i would still have the trip out, Good Luck with whatever you do mate,
,,,Paddy,,,
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:01 pm

i would go back for the beast
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:04 pm

Me anall pal, Im thinkin of beasting it in mornin and going to the other river late afternoon and leave time to set my bivvy up. mind you Im just thrilled to have seen it
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:12 pm

piketastic wrote:Me anall pal, Im thinkin of beasting it in mornin and going to the other river late afternoon and leave time to set my bivvy up. mind you Im just thrilled to have seen it
good luck muck on catching the beast
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:43 pm

never look a gift horse in the mouth Question Question Question

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:51 am

piketastic wrote:i went this morning, dint catch owt,,,I was moving some of the reeds in my swim with my landing net , when, SNAP the spreader block sheered off ! Damn! So Im not 1 to fish without a net so I had to reel in. Only 8 oclock anall Crying or Very sad .....................But thats when I saw her.Less than 6 foot out in front of me was a monster. I am a reserved person, so Im only going to say 25lb!!!! She wasnt just laid up like they tend to do. She was hovering with intent! Her tail was bent and her fins were flapping like she was ready to pounce. Now there I am with a net in my hand and a pole in the other... so I lay them down and reeled the other rod in towards her.... I now had a popped up herrings head less than a foot away from the biggest pike I had ever seen. She nosed to the bait, I was in awe , nervous , excited and shaking. All the while thinking about how I would land her with a 42" net in my left hand. She swam a foot past my bait and I honestly thought she was going to strike my bait at any time. But she sauntered off as if knowingly and with a definite swagger. Absolutely awesome !!! My problem is then boys..... tomorrow I am on a 2 day stint to a different river.... but Im thinking should I cancel and go after the beast.... or should I just go on my trip. What would you do!!!!!

Get back down there with a bucket of 'big' liveys!

If not you go to the other river and PM me where the 'beast' was and I'll let you know how big she was!

Andrew.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:52 am

paddy pike wrote:I would go on the trip, BUT i would try somthing different to see if it works "Like Freelineing" Because maybe the old girl is wise to the float, So just use a cork out of a bottle or an old or new tennis ball as a float, If you were ledgering maybe you were to far out, As she was very close in, Needs some thought but i would still have the trip out, Good Luck with whatever you do mate,
,,,Paddy,,,

I'm sure a big livebait worked in the area would get her!

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:05 am

just shows they can be there and never touch your bait ?
you know shes there id have a go for here before she moves on ? Very Happy
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:49 am

I think i would want to try a few little things to try and coax her to the bait, Even trying to put a spinner past her nose, But its a known fact that most of the big girls that have been caught were in no more than 4 feet of water,
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamby78 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:10 pm

Good problems to have Very Happy
Lamby78
Lamby78

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:04 pm

you need to catch the.......beast
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:52 am

paddy pike wrote:I think i would want to try a few little things to try and coax her to the bait, Even trying to put a spinner past her nose, But its a known fact that most of the big girls that have been caught were in no more than 4 feet of water,

I'm sure that a BIG livebait would do the job!

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:23 pm

A1 wrote:
paddy pike wrote:I think i would want to try a few little things to try and coax her to the bait, Even trying to put a spinner past her nose, But its a known fact that most of the big girls that have been caught were in no more than 4 feet of water,

I'm sure that a BIG livebait would do the job!

Hahaha Go on then try that BIG Livie, Its got to make her feel tempted Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Well I went last Thursday morning and no sign of the big un. In fact no sign of owt really. Guna do a couple of hours before work on Thurs or Fri. see if I can get owt. I will keep u posted......... And jus to keep you posted I went on the other river Thursday nite and Friday day anall . Yes You guessed it Blanked.... then Blanked at the fish in Sunday.. Apparently trick is, to start puttng some bait on my hook, give myself a chance Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:50 am

piketastic wrote:Well I went last Thursday morning and no sign of the big un. In fact no sign of owt really. Guna do a couple of hours before work on Thurs or Fri. see if I can get owt. I will keep u posted......... And jus to keep you posted I went on the other river Thursday nite and Friday day anall . Yes You guessed it Blanked.... then Blanked at the fish in Sunday.. Apparently trick is, to start puttng some bait on my hook, give myself a chance Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
it does help muck
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum