PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

night fishing for pike

3 posters

Go down

night fishing for pike Empty night fishing for pike

Post  bigt Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:30 pm

ok lads has anybody on here fished for pike at night im thinking of giving it a go and after abit of feedback before i try it

thanks
tony
bigt
bigt

Back to top Go down

night fishing for pike Empty Re: night fishing for pike

Post  Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Yea fish for them alot at night. The couple of hours before sun comes up and couple of hours after the sun goes down are the best times..... plus if you doing an all nighter the chances of picking up a bonus 'snig'. Good lamp required tho the coleman petrol one for beach fishing is the man. Ha Ha and you will probably fall on your arse i seem to Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bigt Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:33 pm

i use a petzel 3500 headlight for my night fishing and fox halo bivvy light both never let me down.i often fish for eels wen im carping and had eels to 5lb.im getting more into my piking now tho cos the carp scene is getting full of noddys who camp out rather than fish,i will be going piking saturday night for the 1st time on a local canal got my gear ready bait ready cant wait to go out now and see what happens
bigt
bigt

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:04 pm

I'm off carping for 24hrs on saturday, but the pit i'm fishing has pike touching 30lb so I always put out 2 rods for the carp and 1 for the pike on a night. During the day i'll often switch to 2 for pike, 1 for carp lol.

Must admit that first hour just as its getting light is often the time for a take on that pit, although i'm yet to latch into a 20+ there....fingers crossed Cool
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:33 pm

tootall wrote:I'm off carping for 24hrs on saturday, but the pit i'm fishing has pike touching 30lb so I always put out 2 rods for the carp and 1 for the pike on a night. During the day i'll often switch to 2 for pike, 1 for carp lol.

Thats a cracking idea
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 pm

some of my carping mates think i'm mad, but as much as i like carp, i'd rather latch into a 20lb pike than a 30lb carp...

theres also cats to 70lb too so in the warmer months theres also a good chance of one of these picking up a deadbait...

Smile
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  bigt Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:45 pm

i get stick off my mates too for the same reason tootal but its water off a ducks back to me cos wen a good pike graces my net my mates are in my box and nicking my traces to have a go themselves.its funny how ppl can change their minds wen they see a good fish caught
bigt
bigt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum