PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

off out tomorrow

3 posters

Go down

off out tomorrow Empty off out tomorrow

Post  Cobblemaster Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:37 pm

All set to go out piking tomorrow 05:30a.m . Going to a great wee place to see if I can catch a biggie. My personal best is 11.5lb (only been doing this for 4-6 weeks) and im pretty confident that ill be succesfull. Ill be using mainline straight to trace/bait method on one rod, and the other rod i shall use 2oz weight on a running weak link with bait on those little foam balls. ( sorry dont know technical lingo for rigs). Running ledger or sth ? lol I know a part that is a little weedy therefore be popping my bait up about 2ft from bottom.

I have a question however, lol? If my bait is attached to a floating aid ( 2x foam balls) and my weight is on a running ring/bead or wahetevr, what is to stop the floated bait floating up to the surface. Im reckoning it stays the same as the weighted link length due to the floated bait not being able to "pull" the line ?

Did that make sense?
Cobblemaster
Cobblemaster

Back to top Go down

off out tomorrow Empty Re: off out tomorrow

Post  stubbo Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:52 pm

Cobblemaster wrote:All set to go out piking tomorrow 05:30a.m . Going to a great wee place to see if I can catch a biggie. My personal best is 11.5lb (only been doing this for 4-6 weeks) and im pretty confident that ill be succesfull. Ill be using mainline straight to trace/bait method on one rod, and the other rod i shall use 2oz weight on a running weak link with bait on those little foam balls. ( sorry dont know technical lingo for rigs). Running ledger or sth ? lol I know a part that is a little weedy therefore be popping my bait up about 2ft from bottom.

I have a question however, lol? If my bait is attached to a floating aid ( 2x foam balls) and my weight is on a running ring/bead or wahetevr, what is to stop the floated bait floating up to the surface. Im reckoning it stays the same as the weighted link length due to the floated bait not being able to "pull" the line ?

Did that make sense?
it would be the lenght of the lead link plus the trace of the bottom if that makes sence obviosly a tight line to the lead and depending on the size of the bait i try it in the margins first to see how it sits pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobblemaster Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:48 pm

off out tomorrow Dsc00610

caught 2 about this size (4-5lb). Not the biggest but none the less fun all round Very Happy
Cobblemaster
Cobblemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:03 pm

They are all welcome, well done, Very Happy

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down