PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl on Girl action (Pike of course!!!!!)

+2
silvers
lowdouble
6 posters

Go down

Girl on Girl action  (Pike of course!!!!!) Empty Girl on Girl action (Pike of course!!!!!)

Post  lowdouble Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 am

Girl on Girl action  (Pike of course!!!!!) Cloone10

Following on from the lovely Pike on Pike photo in the "anyone catching thread" I started thinking about how big a Pike another Pike will attack. Heres a near 13lb fish with a lovely love bite, from i guess at least a mid twenty. Who else has some good pictures. She survived her ordeal and the scars were fairly well healed but still quite fresh.
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Girl on Girl action  (Pike of course!!!!!) Empty Re: Girl on Girl action (Pike of course!!!!!)

Post  silvers Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:21 pm

I read an article in the Angling times a few years ago where this guy was landing a 20 plus fish and another took it on the way in.
Found these on you tube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCT-Q854wyE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzcP2BIw7O8&feature=related
silvers
silvers

Back to top Go down

Girl on Girl action  (Pike of course!!!!!) Empty Re: Girl on Girl action (Pike of course!!!!!)

Post  tomthepiker Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Girl on Girl action  (Pike of course!!!!!) 02010
this was bout 4 pound dunno what size the other pike was but really fresh bite
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  drew321 Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:15 pm

do you guys think that sometimes pike kill other pike, not just to eat them but to get rid of potential threat in the future??
drew321
drew321

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:35 pm

drew321 wrote:do you guys think that sometimes pike kill other pike, not just to eat them but to get rid of potential threat in the future??
No I think when they attack another Pike it is just purely for food, the reason being is that I don't believe a Pike has the ability to think that another fish is a threat therefore needing eliminating.
silvers
silvers

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:41 pm

i agree silver i think they would just attack another one for a meal.
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:16 pm

drew321 wrote:do you guys think that sometimes pike kill other pike, not just to eat them but to get rid of potential threat in the future??

Lets face it guys, the females of the race are generally competitive / jealous of other girls !!!
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamby78 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:33 pm

My avatar pic was and 18.5lb fish with bite marks behind the gills and across the back if you look
Lamby78
Lamby78

Back to top Go down

Post  drew321 Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:59 pm

i just thought that maybe the pike are just afraid of becoming a meal themselves so they just take out any potential threat, or maybe it could be something to do with the spawning season that the bigger pike want their eggs to be fertilized instead of a smaller girls eggs and the only way of stopping that is death lol

after all we all know what women can be like lol
drew321
drew321

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum