PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gravel pits

3 posters

Go down

Gravel pits  Empty Gravel pits

Post  LewisJ Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Just looking for some advice on how to approach gravel pits, myself and drew321 have a 24 hour session booked on a syndicate lake in the cotswolds on the 29/30 th march.

I have never fished a lake this big before (40 acres) and was wondering if anyone had any advice, were going to be deadbaiting and lure fishing from time to time.

Help!
LewisJ
LewisJ

Back to top Go down

Gravel pits  Empty Re: Gravel pits

Post  drew321 Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:06 pm

lol cant wait mate don't care if i don't catch anything just need to get away from here for a few days lol all il do is probably wack it out under some trees sit back and wait Smile
drew321
drew321

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Edwards Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:15 pm

If there are gravel bars present and you can see where they are, target the ends of the bars where they drop off into deeper water. Pike will often run along the sides of bars when hunting and by fishing at the ends you'll pick up fish which have run along either side instead of just the one.

The water is likely to be clear so go for a visual approach rather than a scent trail. Use a livebait if allowed or alternatively pop the bait up off the bottom. These are often good lure waters, again because of the water clarity but you might need to adopt a stealthy approach so that you won't be seen by the fish.

Apart from that, as ever, find the prey fish and you'll find the pike.
Eric Edwards
Eric Edwards

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum