PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A view from my summer office..Roll on June 16!!!!

5 posters

Go down

A view from my summer office..Roll on June 16!!!! Empty A view from my summer office..Roll on June 16!!!!

Post  predatorpro Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:26 pm

A view from my summer office..Roll on June 16!!!! Flippe13

predatorpro
predatorpro

Back to top Go down

A view from my summer office..Roll on June 16!!!! Empty Re: A view from my summer office..Roll on June 16!!!!

Post  plumb68 Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:27 pm

What you sat in???
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

A view from my summer office..Roll on June 16!!!! Empty Re: A view from my summer office..Roll on June 16!!!!

Post  matt859 Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:29 pm

its either one of those expensive fly fishing tubes or its a sponge bob square pants rubber ring and a set of flippers from the seaside.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  predatorpro Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:03 am

Yeah im in my float tube,a great way to spend the hot summer months!
It wasn't that expensive actually.brought it back from S.A with me cost me £120,which considering the ammount of cash we spend on pike fishing each year is well worth it.It gets me into spots and streatches of the river you will never get to from the bank,(uless you have a boat,and its a mission launching a boat for a few after work hours).

Its awesome hooking into a big fish and getting towed for a few meters!
Give it a try
predatorpro
predatorpro

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilley Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:35 am

Haha thats a pretty good idea! Wouldnt mind getting one of them myself, could be a laugh, and def get me to spots I cant get to on foot! That area looks familiar, wouldn't happen to be the Thames would it?
Pilley
Pilley

Back to top Go down

Post  predatorpro Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Indeed it is! The fishing is real hit and miss but when you hit it right in that area its dynamite!,(esp around the bridge pylons).
I highly recommend a float tube,you fish so much"used" water when you just bank fish,it opens up whole new avenues and allyways!
predatorpro
predatorpro

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Please be carefull with venue naming lads Wink we have a no naming policy on our site Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilley Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Yeah that particular stretch always has been bit hit and miss for most species. But when u do get them their usually a pretty good size. Have had a fair few perch over 2lb on ledgered lob worms to just short of 3lb and also had some big roach feeder fishing crumb with bread flake, biggest was also just over 2lb. Also had friends who have had some decent carp, barbel and pike! Prob is you'll have one good session then next 10 will be rubbish Lol.

If you dont mind me asking, how do u usually fish down there for them? Out on the dead baits or spinning? Had anything big? Ive had a few bit further up near the further up stretch Wink but nothing bigger than bout 9lb.

Def like the idea of the float tube, so many spots that have looked great but are impossible to get to by foot and a boats just that bit big.

my apologies about giving away this particular venue lol
Pilley
Pilley

Back to top Go down

Post  predatorpro Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:25 pm

No worries man,itas all good!I spin for them,ive not targeted any other species than perch or pike,but i have seen some decent chub hanging around the willows,but they are realy shy,as are the big pike,ive had them up to 16lb but ive seen bigger fish follow lures ,i even saw one take a juvinile duck once!

As for the perch ive seen some nice fish farther down river,smashing small roach,i saw them from the bank but couldnt buy a bite!
I have hooked some fish around the 2.5-3lb mark on sinnerbaits,but they keep throwing the bait!
predatorpro
predatorpro

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilley Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Haha same as most specimen sized fish ay?! Little smarter than to be super confident and just take anything, why their so hard to catch. Oh so the bigger ones are there but catching them is a different story. Maybe ill give it another go nearer the end of the year Smile

Thanks for the info on the area Smile
Pilley
Pilley

Back to top Go down

Post  predatorpro Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:37 pm

no worries,see you on the water man!
predatorpro
predatorpro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum