PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norfolk broads!!

5 posters

Go down

Norfolk broads!! Empty Norfolk broads!!

Post  Pilley Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:18 am

Hey all, just thought id ask a quick question! I live in surrey but my girlfriend goes to The University of East Anglia in Norwich and when shes not back home in our home town Im up in Norfolk every other weekend visiting her! With her having 1 more year there it means I shall be up there for the up and coming winter on a regular basis!

Well obviously one thing Norfolk is famous for is the broads, and one thing the broads is quite famous for is its pike fishing, and some Good pike at that! What I would like to know is, is there anyone who lives in the area, or travels to the area regularly and fishes the broads for the big pike! Just wondered if you could possibly give me some advice on where is worth a go, or where I can actually fish with a chance of some fish and preferably some big ones Wink . Thought id ask now so I can go up a few times before winter and check any places out!

I have been told that there is a no naming policy on the forum, so if you could send me any info via private message that would be much appreciated. If sharing places amongst us is also against the rules please inform me and ill remove this post ASAP! Id like some info but obv don't wanna break any forum rules. Smile
Pilley
Pilley

Back to top Go down

Norfolk broads!! Empty Re: Norfolk broads!!

Post  adie1200 Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:42 pm

No problems with sharing info about places just not on the open forum Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Tackletart off here lives in Norfolk although he doesn't do as much pike fishing as he used to ( he is into Zander now ) he might be able to put you onto some places to try Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Send him a PM or even a email might be better Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilley Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:50 pm

Oh awesome, thank you for letting me know that Smile

Oh cool, Ill PM him then and see what he has to say! Be good to find some places! Might ask him about Zander too!! The Zander is one of only 5 species left out of the main UK Freshwater angling species that I haven't caught, the others being Catfish, Grasscarp, Salmon & Sea trout. Be good to take another off the list of uncaught fish.

Thank you Adie Smile
Pilley
Pilley

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Fri May 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Well done by the way on your first "20" mate. thats a great fish.

I have fished the Broads loads over the past 20yrs. I will pm you with some info if you like. ( i,m not an expert on the area but i do know a little )

Doug
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Norfolk broads!! Empty broadland

Post  kerbdodger Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:10 am

Pilley wrote:Hey all, just thought id ask a quick question! I live in surrey but my girlfriend goes to The University of East Anglia in Norwich and when shes not back home in our home town Im up in Norfolk every other weekend visiting her! With her having 1 more year there it means I shall be up there for the up and coming winter on a regular basis!

Well obviously one thing Norfolk is famous for is the broads, and one thing the broads is quite famous for is its pike fishing, and some Good pike at that! What I would like to know is, is there anyone who lives in the area, or travels to the area regularly and fishes the broads for the big pike! Just wondered if you could possibly give me some advice on where is worth a go, or where I can actually fish with a chance of some fish and preferably some big ones Wink . Thought id ask now so I can go up a few times before winter and check any places out!

I have been told that there is a no naming policy on the forum, so if you could send me any info via private message that would be much appreciated. If sharing places amongst us is also against the rules please inform me and ill remove this post ASAP! Id like some info but obv don't wanna break any forum rules. Smile
try fishing fishing in norwich theres plenty of roach ,bream and pike there through out the winter.

Last edited by adie1200 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Naming specific areas)
kerbdodger
kerbdodger

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:39 am

kerbdodger wrote:
Pilley wrote:Hey all, just thought id ask a quick question! I live in surrey but my girlfriend goes to The University of East Anglia in Norwich and when shes not back home in our home town Im up in Norfolk every other weekend visiting her! With her having 1 more year there it means I shall be up there for the up and coming winter on a regular basis!

try fishing fishing riverside road in norwich theres plenty of roach ,bream and pike there through out the winter.
that looks a hefty pike in your avatar what does that fish weigh pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Norfolk broads!! Empty weight

Post  kerbdodger Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 am

Hi its 28/12,i caught it on oulton broad at a time when it was at its peak.I don,t think there are many good fish left though,several were found dead,including 2 30,s.I think they were maybe deep hooked by handlines being put out out by non natonals,this has destroyed much of my local fishing recently.I start my winter piking next monday,boat is now taxed and insured,1st trip out will be local on the waveney i expect.
kerbdodger
kerbdodger

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 am

kerbdodger wrote:Hi its 28/12,i caught it on oulton broad at a time when it was at its peak.I don,t think there are many good fish left though,several were found dead,including 2 30,s.I think they were maybe deep hooked by handlines being put out out by non natonals,this has destroyed much of my local fishing recently.I start my winter piking next monday,boat is now taxed and insured,1st trip out will be local on the waveney i expect.
nice big pike pal good luck on the 1st boat trip out we had agood session on my boat last year 1st trip out what type of boat do you use pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum