PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap Braid From China

5 posters

Go down

Cheap Braid From China Empty Cheap Braid From China

Post  fatcaff Wed May 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Just wondering if any1 has used the stuff from china and do they rate it? I've recently got a couple of used big pit reels (freebies yippee!!) but the line on it has seen better days i can afford decent mono but all my reels have it on and i wouldn't mind having the option of braid as ive also got occasional use of a bait boat quite handy when fishing the glaciels.
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Cheap Braid From China Empty Re: Cheap Braid From China

Post  big_d2008 Thu May 17, 2012 10:25 am

Yes I get all my braid from there now off sellers on Ebay. I have had both power pro and berkley wiplash and not had a single problem with them. I would recomend the whiplash as it is thinner for the same breaking strength.

Hope this helps

Dolbs
big_d2008
big_d2008

Back to top Go down

Post  neilgriffs Fri May 18, 2012 9:06 am

avoid the cheap no name stuff, much thicker than power pro

neilgriffs

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Mon May 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Power pro is the best braid on the market ( imho ! ). Dont bother with cheap chinese crap.
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:58 am

Hmm....yea 50lb Power Pro or 30lb Cortland Spectron (which I suspect is heavily underrated and probabaly about the same as the 50lb PP since I pulled a half buried shopping trolley out of ressie with the 50lb stuff.

Put it this way, I use 50lb Cortland Spectron for throwing heavy jerkbaits after Ralston McPherson (Mac to those who know him) advised me to get it. I've had it on for about 8 years or some nonsense now and it still straightens hooks. It's bombproof.

For deadbaiting I'd go for 50lb PP due to the diameter but for jerkies, I'd go for the 50lb Cortland Spectron, which is a bit thicker, which is fine for multis.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Cheers guys i went for the 50lb power pro awesome stuff i've hauled out all kinds of crap including a bivvy from a local water
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum