PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair rigs?

5 posters

Go down

Hair rigs? Empty Hair rigs?

Post  tomthepiker Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Alrite havnt been on for while thought id ask your opinions on pike hair rigs just been looking at a few same design as the carp boys ones but instead of boilie or pellet they use a fish ie roach or sardine chop it in to three parts then thread it on the hair anyone used them? If so do they work well?
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Hair rigs? Empty Re: Hair rigs?

Post  big_d2008 Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Its called a kebab rig but I haven't used them but i know a lot of pikers don't like them as they tend to always get the fish in the scissors.
big_d2008
big_d2008

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:14 pm

I think the biggest issue is that because the hook is single anglers will tend to tie them up with too large a hook, which then causes more damage than a small treble
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 pm

it just my oppinion i think hair rigs are best suited for carp baits ie bolies and the likes not fish baits
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Ye some of the hooks I have seen are huge there are others with a small single treble on, and I don't mean to sound stupid or argumentative but why is it bad to get a hook in the pikes scissors?

On a different note matt those catfish rigs you sent me caught me two thirty pound cats so thanks mate Smile il get some pics up soon
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:15 am

tomthepiker wrote:Ye some of the hooks I have seen are huge there are others with a small single treble on, and I don't mean to sound stupid or argumentative but why is it bad to get a hook in the pikes scissors?

hi, its what thay eat with. depends on how much damage some people will do to a pike to get their hook back.
how long will it go without eating. or worse.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:52 pm

Oh ok It was just a thought anyways, wonder why they always catch on the scissors?
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum