PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good pike reels or to small?

4 posters

Go down

good pike reels or to small? Empty good pike reels or to small?

Post  sweets34 Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:24 pm

hi everybody,new member tonight.looking for some advice,this will be my first proper season for pike,ive dabbled a bit in previous seasons but am dedicating my wknds to piking through the winter this season.my pb is 15lb 120z i would love to better this,anyway ive just bought some proper pike gear(used my carp rods etc before)whycwood agitator bait rods 3tc x2(also the agitator 7ft lure) and just got 2x daiwa rgz 4000 brs,my question is on the reels,are they on the small side for piking(not as big as my carp)? they can take thought id go middle range,3000 the smallest and 5000 the biggest hence the 4000,any advice or recommendations would be greatly received.Off to blenhiem palace this wknd on the boat for a day<fingers crossed it will be a good day Smile

sweets34

Back to top Go down

good pike reels or to small? Empty Re: good pike reels or to small?

Post  noodle Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Reels will be fine , in fact the daiwas have a bit of a cult following in piking.
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:33 pm

more important really is good bite indication and good unhooking/fishcare facilities. unhooking mat, good quality forceps and pliers etc etc. almost any reels will do.
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  sweets34 Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:52 pm

thanks guys,ive got all the kit needed for unhooking etc,the welfare of the pike is paramount to me

sweets34

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:06 pm

noodle wrote:Reels will be fine , in fact the daiwas have a bit of a cult following in piking.
still useing a pair daiwas cant where them out use them now on my lure rods with30lb power braid Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum