PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best weather conditions to fish the local canals

+2
stubbo
piking newbie3485
6 posters

Go down

best weather conditions to fish the local canals Empty best weather conditions to fish the local canals

Post  piking newbie3485 Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 pm

hey fellas new to the pike game and looking for some helpful tips on weather patterns for the local canals just had first hard frost and was wondering if i need to get on the bank when its like this
piking newbie3485
piking newbie3485

Back to top Go down

best weather conditions to fish the local canals Empty Re: best weather conditions to fish the local canals

Post  stubbo Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:55 pm

piking newbie3485 wrote:hey fellas new to the pike game and looking for some helpful tips on weather patterns for the local canals just had first hard frost and was wondering if i need to get on the bank when its like this
i like to get on when its frosty think they put on a bit of a spurt on when the first frosts arrive but they probably wont feed all day long take avantage of these times . The canal where i used to fish you could set your watch by the feeding time bang on 10 bells but it might be earlier on your canal muck Smile
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

best weather conditions to fish the local canals Empty Re: best weather conditions to fish the local canals

Post  piking newbie3485 Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:35 pm

went out 2day and it lashed it down all day was this a wise move but it was fun just missed a nice lookin pike after my herring
piking newbie3485
piking newbie3485

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:55 am

piking newbie3485 wrote:went out 2day and it lashed it down all day was this a wise move but it was fun just missed a nice lookin pike after my herring
at least you got out there and gave it a go pal rather fish in the rain and overcast , than a bright flat calm keep at it and you will be rewarded pal try to get with somebody who fish for pike you will pick it up in no time .
just a few basics which you might already have pal

use 15lb min line
carp type rod say 2 and a half pound test or stronger
unhooking matt to protect your fish
forcepts long handled to remove hooks
use barbless till you get a bit more used to unhooking fish
weigh sling comes in handy to carry your fish back to the waters edge.
large landing net
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:41 pm

if you're only at derby why don't you come to langold near worksop this weekend when the pike match is on? for 4.50 you can pike fish or for 15 enter the match. for free you can walk around and see whats happening and talk to other pikers and if you find me you can get free fresh coffee etc and maybe a bacon buttie or two.
be good to meet you Wink
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Roly Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:56 pm

I've noticed an increase in activity on my local canal since we started getting a few hardy mornings, maybe its just the time of year. Having said that, the river is too high to fish right now so I was on the canal yesterday and could only tempt one fish to a lure, no interest in the deads!
Roly
Roly

http://riverbarrowpiker.blogspot.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  piking newbie3485 Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:34 pm

rozzo would love too but i cant drive at the moment due to medical condition so no way of gettin there
piking newbie3485
piking newbie3485

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:19 pm

no worries m8.
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:21 am

rozzo wrote:if you're only at derby why don't you come to langold near worksop this weekend when the pike match is on? for 4.50 you can pike fish or for 15 enter the match. for free you can walk around and see whats happening and talk to other pikers and if you find me you can get free fresh coffee etc and maybe a bacon buttie or two.
be good to meet you Wink

Sod pikeing i'm sitting with you free butties and coffee think my fishing buddies going to change my old one only gives me griefe lol see you there rozzo bestest mate
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:21 am

ha ha kell i'll deffo have to do something while i'm there m8, cant go all day without snap and i'm deffo not buying any. No
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:55 am

Grief pmsl lol! lol! lol!
Just cos i've caught more pike this season than you Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz just one more though affraid affraid
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum