PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In hope of a doomsday Pike

2 posters

Go down

In hope of a doomsday Pike Empty In hope of a doomsday Pike

Post  Alex Makk Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:21 am

Well firstly, I have made a big change to the olde blog, I have spent most of Thursday night and early Friday morning getting the basics done an Friday afternoon knuckling down with the finer details, and still there is yet more to be done. Hopefully the design and stuff as such will appeal to you and isn't coming across as too much or 'in the face'. Either way if there is something that could be tweaked or fiddled with let me know, I can only try my best with modifying the blogs design to suit most if not all.

http://www.alexmakkfishing.com/

With Friday being the end of the Mayan calendar, or as some folk put it 'doomsday' I decided to have a 'last' crack at the canal. With Thursdays heavy rain here in Nottingham, I had my doubts on the condition of the canal and in a way I am right to have doubts it was like chocolate milkshake.

In hope of a doomsday Pike DSCF1402_zpsf9cdb4082_zps993b2819-001

Still I wasn't put off and within a couple of casts the hooks were set, and into something heavy very heavy indeed. At first my little tyran spin doubled over and all of the sudden everything went still, surprisingly the tyran managed to lift it up to the surface so I land the thing that I'm hooked into. Sadly nothing heavy made of scales & flesh, but metal, fabric & wheels.

In hope of a doomsday Pike DSCF1397_zpse0498a992_zpsdca97ec3-001

Well at least my little Mark Houghton Lure is still in one piece, the only notable signs or damage is a straightened hook from the rear treble.

In hope of a doomsday Pike DSCF1400_zpsde9441cf2_zps81e0337e-001

It got on for around 11:00 and I have tried all the pegs that have produced for me, even swapping to brighter 'hothead' crank 'n' shad. but still nothing. I then have a though of venturing to another canal with Nottingham and at only a bus ride away, from what I have gathered this canal should be a lot clearer in water quality so hopefully might produce a fish or two. A short bus ride later I was on the second canal, and although it was clear the first part is very clear and very shallow with only a few inches in depth. and wherever I cast the grub and jighead was catching weed ugh! so I moved further down, and met another angler with a carp rod and a couple of soft lures, he tells me that ''this stretch of the canal has produced a few 20's and that he caught plenty of 'bigguns'' but i just carried on, knowing that they are either stories or lies, likely to be the latter. I carried on casting anywhere and every where without a sniff, so mid afternoon I decided to call it a day and headed home.
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

In hope of a doomsday Pike Empty Re: In hope of a doomsday Pike

Post  kell Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:52 am

Well done for trying Alex get the pram on eBay lol! santa
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

In hope of a doomsday Pike Empty Re: In hope of a doomsday Pike

Post  Alex Makk Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:28 pm