PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAC succeeds in removing Llyn Brenig rule

+3
nickcarpy
adie1200
Andy Webster
7 posters

Go down

PAC succeeds in removing Llyn Brenig rule Empty PAC succeeds in removing Llyn Brenig rule

Post  Andy Webster Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Following your concerns posted in the Llyn Brenig thread, I asked the PAC to investigate the "All pike over 9lb to be returned" rule via the PAC Forum on 21 January 2009.

Lyn Brenig is primarily a trout fishery that has opened up to the pike fishing market.

Danny Jones posted this mesage on Monday 2nd February 2009: "Went to Brenig yesterday for a look, no intention of fishing as it was well below freezing and blowing a gale most of the day with snow showers on and off whilst I was there.
Seven hardy pikers where out fishing, at the time I spoke to them none of them had caught anything.
Spoke to one of the rangers, and asked about the 9lb rule, he informed me the rule has now been changed to "all pike must be returned" asked if they had been contacted by the PAC he said he wasn't aware of contact, but he didn't spend much time in the office.
Good result for the PAC if the change came about as a result of dialog between both parties.
Hope they keep the rule for the trout season!"

Mark Skinner, PAC Events coordinator followed with this "I have been in contact with Dona at Brenig about the rule change and was told they were going to waiver the rule and was just waiting for confirmation that we had got the rule changed completely.
I explained our stance on it and our members concerns regarding the rule.
I have also asked if the rule can be taken out from any future rule sheets they print and give out in the future.

Looks like it's definately been accepted then."

Well done to Mark Skinner and the PAC.

It makes me proud to be a member.

Regards

Andy Webster

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

PAC succeeds in removing Llyn Brenig rule Empty Re: PAC succeeds in removing Llyn Brenig rule

Post  adie1200 Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:43 pm

This is good news indeed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I think they may get more support from us pikers now Cool Cool

Well done the PAC cheers cheers cheers

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

PAC succeeds in removing Llyn Brenig rule Empty Re: PAC succeeds in removing Llyn Brenig rule

Post  nickcarpy Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:51 pm

good result,they might get more of us down now the rulein been made clear.would be nice to know the pike catch results
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:10 pm

fantastic result keep up the good work Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:38 am

Well done to the PAC cheers

Top result.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:37 pm

Good work. It just demonstrates what a little bit of people power can do.

.....Regards.....Andy..... geek
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:49 pm

nice work PAC
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum