PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bait boats

+5
rozzo
fatcaff
Andy Macfarlane
phill49
tomthepiker
9 posters

Go down

Bait boats  Empty Bait boats

Post  tomthepiker Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:48 pm

I'm thinking of getting a bait boat, went catfishing the other day and saw someone using one they were getting there bait In non castable positions, I was wondering if anyone uses them in there pike fishing and what are your opinions on them cheers
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Bait boats  Empty Re: Bait boats

Post  phill49 Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:57 pm

I have one but dont use it at the moment as where i fish it is not needed but in the past in certain situations it has enabled me to catch many more fish and some very good ones as well.I have had a few and some of them are crap like the viper as the battery life is a joke as most jet powered boats are i got rid of mine as it was no good for long and frequent trips. 4 batterys and a solar pan could not even see me through a morning carp fishing in france .I have a waverunner now and its prop driven and the battery life is fantastic and the is boat brilliant never let me down

phill49

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:06 am

I'm glad you said that mate cause Iv just bought a wave runner it's quality got the fish finder on it it shows all the holes etc I'm going to use it properly on my next catfishing trip soon
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:04 am

I'd use one if I...

A) had one

..and

B) knew somewhere to use the thing
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:49 am

I've had the use of 1 now n again its never been the rod that's done anything that any of my other rods would've. Only advice I would give is to use braid if you're using it for range.
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:15 pm

For what reason?

I don't know is why I'm asking.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:27 am

Andy Macfarlane wrote:For what reason?

I don't know is why I'm asking.
to help set the hooks andy as braid has no stretch like mono. he said "if you're using it for range"
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  phill49 Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Thats good advice if you are fishing at long range

phill49

Back to top Go down

Post  petestanley Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:43 pm

I don't really carp fish so have no real need for a boat that can ditch a load of feed over an area. I have thought of modding an electric motored rc boat though, with a deck to place my rig, so I can drive between moored boats in the local marinas and with a flick of the rod tip drag the bait of the back. Can be gotten off eBay for peanuts.
petestanley
petestanley

http://www.northernpiker.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:15 pm

sounds like a plan:) Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:48 pm

I don't really use it carp fishing i mainly use it for catfish and gonna use for pike this season it's great for getting deadbaits out further and into non cast able areas but tricky to get hang of but works really well
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  edbeartwo Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:42 am

petestanley wrote:I don't really carp fish so have no real need for a boat that can ditch a load of feed over an area. I have thought of modding an electric motored rc boat though, with a deck to place my rig, so I can drive between moored boats in the local marinas and with a flick of the rod tip drag the bait of the back. Can be gotten off eBay for peanuts.
I was working away in the USA a couple of years back, and north of Indianapolis there is a big lake...an American welder who was with us said that he had been out on a friends boat at the weekend, and had seen "the dangdest thing"...He went on to explain how when they were moored up drinking and doing whatever Yanks do at the weekend, a bass boat (his description) had been slowly doing the rounds near moored craft and landing stages, and up front was a young lad steering a R/C boat.

When they got closer he said they were doing exactly what you describe, the lad was steering the boat between closely moored craft, and his Father / Big brother was then dropping a lure off the back into the water. He asked them if they had had any luck and apparently they were doing really well, and were about to clear off home for a meal...I think they were catching Bass.

Just goes to show, some sod has always thought of it!

ATB, ED

edbeartwo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:00 pm

tomthepiker wrote:I'm thinking of getting a bait boat, went catfishing the other day and saw someone using one they were getting there bait In non castable positions, I was wondering if anyone uses them in there pike fishing and what are your opinions on them cheers
how much gear do you want to carry tom ........i have been cutting down on my gear lately to the bone ......its just more to carry tom
unless your car is right on your peg....my best pegs are normally a route march away...Very Happy 
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum