PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pike rod advice

4 posters

Go down

pike rod advice Empty pike rod advice

Post  sunseeker Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:40 pm

hi all just purchased 2 drennan esox piker deadbait rods in 3lb 12ft [ the dearer ones ] cost £129.00 is it me or do they seem very unbalanced and heavy or are all pike rods generally heavy compared to my usual carp rods thinking of sending them back and getting some free spirit e class pike rods any advice would be very appreciated cheers

sunseeker

Back to top Go down

pike rod advice Empty Re: pike rod advice

Post  piketastic Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:04 pm

The only thing that I would say , sun seeker is that although there are loads of good rods around the market these days , I would say that as long as the rods can do the job that you need them to do then the main thing is that you feel comfortable with them. Cheers Craig.
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

pike rod advice Empty rods

Post  coops440 Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:36 pm

what you have to remember bud is that drennan do not make a bad product.their entire range consists of stuff that is well made and does the job perfectly well.plus its not silly money like some of the overpriced carping stuff.no I'm not on their firm just a fan of their stuff.
pike rods prob seem heavier but in fact arnt, just compare the rod weight for weight with your carp rods.as for the free spirits.........well free spirit translates to "the most overpriced gear you can buy in fishing".give me the drennan rods any day. i have checked these rods out in my local shop and for the money i would have a set of these if i did not have a set of lumbys rods!! these are built for casting out a decent size dead bait over a reasonable distance so need a bit of back bone in them.
sorry if this seems like I'm ranting but its sunday and I've done a bottle of red Very Happy  over lunch.

coops440

Back to top Go down

pike rod advice Empty drennan rods

Post  sunseeker Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:22 pm

hiya great advice took them over to my local tackle shop a couple of weeks ago chesil bait and tackle and the guy in there said the same as you so keeping them good make heavy duty and good for the money and yes free spirit rods are very expensive that's why I brought cutom built harrisons for my carp fishing . which rods are out there good for close work for fishing small baits like roach on a float that would cover zander on the avon , severn got to go full cork double leg guides though . enjoy the rest of your wine ps your not ranting . good advice seeker

sunseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:47 am

as craig said earlier you just need something you're happy with (the pike don't care what it says on the rods lol) for close in try the greys prodigy 2.75 test carp rods,, i have used a pair for years and they are great,, only about 70 quid each too Cool
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum