PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre baiting For and against

+7
rozzo
lowdouble
leondodd
stubbo
piketastic
psion
nopikehere
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pre baiting For and against - Page 2 Empty Re: Pre baiting For and against

Post  J Robinson Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:28 pm

There is a nice turning section on the canal locally to me that I'm going to have a go at prebaiting. It's close to the house and can be prebaited every night. I was thinking a week of prebaiting each night with 10-20 small roach (4-6 ounces of fish in total) - would that be a sufficiently long period of time to attract the pike, or would you continue for longer?
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:23 pm

J Robinson wrote:There is a nice turning section on the canal locally to me that I'm going to have a go at prebaiting. It's close to the house and can be prebaited every night. I was thinking a week of prebaiting each night with 10-20 small roach (4-6 ounces of fish in total) - would that be a sufficiently long period of time to attract the pike, or would you continue for longer?
if it was me I would not over do it , as you would want the pike to take your baits when fishing the spot , maybe feed every other night say ten fish ....... Very Happy good luck Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:11 pm

stubbo wrote:
J Robinson wrote:There is a nice turning section on the canal locally to me that I'm going to have a go at prebaiting. It's close to the house and can be prebaited every night. I was thinking a week of prebaiting each night with 10-20 small roach (4-6 ounces of fish in total) - would that be a sufficiently long period of time to attract the pike, or would you continue for longer?
if it was me I would not over do it , as you would want the pike to take your baits when fishing the spot , maybe feed every other night say ten fish ....... Very Happy  good luck Very Happy

Roger.

I've only ever had a single 2lb jack from that stretch spinning and have never deadbaited it. The feeling seems to be that there aren't many larger pike due to (Eastern European) poaching, but I hope that that is not the case. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum