PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

there not out there......in numbers this season

+2
adie1200
stubbo
6 posters

Go down

there not out there......in numbers this season  Empty there not out there......in numbers this season

Post  stubbo Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:37 pm

hi lads, don't know if your with me on this but don't you think there are less pikers on the banks this year.
been to all my usual local venues and to be honest there has only been me there, maybe the odd guy with a lure rod which results in him throwing for about an hour then there gone , since October I have not stopped catching , till the last couple of sessions
spoke with a few match lads on the local canal, where , there are a few good pike to be had, but they reckon nobody's
been here pike fishing all winter as far as they know.
Even on my new boat venue, same again just me out on boat suppose its good news for the pike , but not long ago everybody seemed to be at it...also spoke with a retailer and he also said he is not selling much predator gear as normal , guess its online sales getting the lions share
and also noticed its quieter on here too with pictures and pike captures, Shocked anybody else noticed this trend or maybe it just my neck of the woods. affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

there not out there......in numbers this season  Empty Re: there not out there......in numbers this season

Post  adie1200 Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:21 pm

As I'm not getting out as much as I usually do I can't really comment on the number of pikers getting out on the back lol!
Seen lots of reports on facebook of good pike from all around the country though so I guess they must be feeding well Question Question
I think facebook is killing website off slowly but surely pale pale pale and this site is no exception as you can tell from previous years Shocked
I like facebook but can't understand why people seem to think the groups on there are websites lol!
On here you post something one day and you can come back a month later and its still there to see yet on facebook you post something and the next day its hard to find So in my book there's no comparison Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

there not out there......in numbers this season  Empty Re: there not out there......in numbers this season

Post  stubbo Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:43 pm

adie1200 wrote:As I'm not getting out as much as I usually do I can't really comment on the number of pikers getting out on the back lol!
Seen lots of reports on facebook of good pike from all around the country though so I guess they must be feeding well Question Question
I think facebook is killing website off slowly but surely pale pale pale  and this site is no exception as you can tell from previous years Shocked
I like facebook but can't understand why people seem to think the groups on there are websites lol!
On here you post something one day and you can come back a month later and its still there to see yet on facebook you post something and the next day its hard to find So in my book there's no comparison Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
 you could be right there on Facebook ..not a fan myself of Facebook,   a am registered but don't really use it.... just not seen many pikers this season   and I have been out most weekends and in the week too, like you say loads of pike about too.......not complaining just noticed a lack of angling activity on most venues.....apart from the odd mad carper who never catch anything...... lol! lol! lol! lol!
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:16 pm

Its strange mate you would think there would be more out making the most of the mild weather we have had so far this winter Shocked Shocked Shocked
Oh well more chance of you catching more pike mate if there's no one else out there lol! lol! lol!

Thumb up
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:29 am

Theres always very few pike anglers over her so its just the same as usual. maybe the mild mild weather has kept the carpers carping, instead of switching to pike as they usually do. more for you lads to catch now Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:56 am

lowdouble wrote:Theres always very few pike anglers over her so its just the same as usual.   maybe the mild mild weather has kept the carpers carping,  instead of switching to pike as they usually do.   more for you lads to catch now Wink
could be just a local thing but very quiet on the banks here , not many carpikers too
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:40 pm

I would tend to agree with you Stubbo there appears to be fewer Pike anglers about on the waters I fish. I do tend to fish midweek so there might be more anglers about weekends.

I'm on a run of 4 blanks on the bounce and haven't caught a Pike since before Xmas. Even my "banker" waters aren't producing for me this season, which too be honest is a little bit worrying. My season is likely to end prematurely as I'm on holiday the end of February until mid March, so if I'm going to land a big girl I'm going to have to pull my finger out and make it happen soon.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:48 pm

since new years day I,ve been on the river 4 times and apart from 1 chub angler I have,nt seen anybody else out , I,ve been wandering with a lure rod but only had a couple of fish , best 8 pound or so , this is on a club stretch , if you go downstream a bit theres a free stretch of about 300 yards and that has the same lads in the same pegs every weekend from friday night till sunday , catching the same poor pike over and over again, to be honest coz the rivers are nice and low I have been spending more time fishing a small stream for grayling and chub lately , if the weather was poor then i,d be under me brolly deadbaiting on a stillwater somewhere

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:21 pm

David Wynne wrote:I would tend to agree with you Stubbo there appears to be fewer Pike anglers about on the waters I fish. I do tend to fish midweek so there might be more anglers about weekends.

I'm on a run of 4 blanks on the bounce and haven't caught a Pike since before Xmas. Even my "banker" waters aren't producing for me this season, which too be honest is a little bit worrying. My season is likely to end prematurely as I'm on holiday the end of February until mid March, so if I'm going to land a big girl I'm going to have to pull my finger out and make it happen soon.
hi dave not that long ago I had 12 blanks on the bounce pal , thought I was losing it , but persistence paid off I had the big girl at 32lb , just when you think your doing it all wrong ...it will happen just chose a water that you know has a big fish for sure....... and just keep going at it
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:27 pm

mal wynne wrote:since new years day I,ve been on the river 4 times and apart from 1 chub angler I have,nt seen anybody else out , I,ve been wandering with a lure rod but only had a couple of fish , best 8 pound or so , this is on a club stretch , if you go downstream a bit theres a free stretch of about 300 yards and that has the same lads in the same pegs every weekend from friday night till sunday , catching the same poor pike over and over again, to be honest coz the rivers are nice and low I have been spending more time fishing a small stream for grayling and chub lately , if the weather was poor then i,d be under me brolly deadbaiting on a stillwater somewhere
well mal , you know that water you seen me at last winter , I have had it to myself and no other piker other than my mate , and caught lots of pike , but it took me a while to find them in numbers, not many pikers out there at the moment.....jan/feb normally does the big girls for me...
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich_ Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:22 pm

I don't tend to see that many pike anglers on my local places as it is but there don't seem to be any less than usual . I am not on face book and never will be , but I see plenty of photos which have been posted on there and shown to me by others . That's where all the people that are out seem to be reporting their catches .
Face book has become the internet for most people now , websites and forums have become neglected now , a lot of times when you look for something on a search engine you end up on face book page that the individual has set up as opposed to a proper website and you can't even use it properly without a face book account .

Rich_

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:10 pm

Rich_ wrote:I don't tend to see that many pike anglers on my  local places as it is but there don't seem to be any less than usual .    I am not on face book and never will be , but I see plenty of photos which have been posted on there and shown to me by others . That's where all the people that are out seem to be reporting their catches .
Face book has become the internet for most people now , websites and forums have become neglected now , a lot of times when you look for something on a search engine  you end up on face book page that  the individual has set up as opposed to a proper website and you can't even use it properly without  a face book account .
went out yesterday , never seen anybody else pike fishing , also looked at 2 other venues , deserted , never mind more pike for me to catch..... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down