PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Yorkshire

4 posters

Go down

West Yorkshire Empty West Yorkshire

Post  finbar Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:38 am

New to the forum so i would like to say hello to everyone affraid Only started pike fishing again after a 20 year, yes 20 years layoff. Im fairly new to the area, and wondered if anyone could suggest any pike venues around west yorkshire or surrounding area. Wink

Many thanks

Finbar

finbar

Back to top Go down

West Yorkshire Empty Re: West Yorkshire

Post  finbar Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:08 am

Just read the thread on the not to name a venue policy. Whats the point of a forum ? confused

Finbar

finbar

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:25 am

hi and welcome to forum finbar

plenty of forums name pike waters ??

this forum to meet like minded people who love pike fishing and there are a good set of lads and lasses on here.

tight lines
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:02 am

hi finbar and welcome to forum Wink

As for the not naming venues Well most of us have seen good pike waters die because someone named them and they then get fished to death Rolling Eyes

And this is what we try to avoid now !!
As Kell said theres plenty of forums that with tell you where the pike spots are ( too many of them in fact )
I personally have seen quite a few good pike spots where i could go and catch loads of good pike get wiped out in a very short time Twisted Evil

So now i only tell people about good spots that i know i can trust not to go telling others Smile

So bear with us and as we get to know and trust you you may get some PMs from one or two folk off this great forum Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:23 am

Welcome Finbar.............................I'm sure if you think about it, it will all make perfect sense......
Relax and enjoy the good company (which you certainly will find on this forum) Very Happy
I've only been a member for two weeks and already received plenty of good advice and location tips via pm.....

Back to top Go down

Post  finbar Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:48 am

Thanks for the welcome and i understand what you mean. There are plenty of thoughtless boneheads about. Wink

finbar

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:55 am

Agreed, stick around and you will find that there are plenty good blokes around here..........
"Bonehead", I haven't heard that term since I left South Africa.........ha-ha-ha-ha Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  finbar Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:22 pm

Cheers duane, glad it made you laugh Smile

finbar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:24 pm

adie1200 wrote:hi finbar and welcome to forum Wink

As for the not naming venues Well most of us have seen good pike waters die because someone named them and they then get fished to death Rolling Eyes

And this is what we try to avoid now !!
As Kell said theres plenty of forums that with tell you where the pike spots are ( too many of them in fact )
I personally have seen quite a few good pike spots where i could go and catch loads of good pike get wiped out in a very short time Twisted Evil

So now i only tell people about good spots that i know i can trust not to go telling others Smile

So bear with us and as we get to know and trust you you may get some PMs from one or two folk off this great forum Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Adie

Well put, Adie Very Happy

I joined the forum principally to learn about Pike Fishing & getting venue information has always been secondary.. Wink

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down