PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trent, dogs and snags.

2 posters

Go down

Trent, dogs and snags. Empty Trent, dogs and snags.

Post  Alex Makk Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:15 pm

I had promised bazz a ticket from a club i am a member of but family duties came and i didnt have time to get it... Crying or Very sad . I had a chat to bazz last night and he suggested that we go to a Notts GP. when morning came we found one of the canals was frozen (It was a bad indication that the venue was going to be the same). when on a stretch of road leading up to the GP we noticed the small ponds were frozen...we turned round and headed to the trent (last hope of a place to fish) and it was ok in condition a bit fast and slightly flooded. bazz seemed to be concerned about the swim we were at...(Lots of snags) we set up and the first cast was good. the second didnt seem to go well. when noticed bazz attempted to clear the rig from the snag unfortunately it was a tuff one and he got broken. bazz was getting fed up and tried a float ledger rig and once again it had snagged and broken. bazz had really had enough and we packed up. he then taken me to a landmark on the trent which i have never seen. WOW! it was interesting to look at. i noticed a 'crease' or a slow part of the river and got my spin rod out......gave it a few blasts and let bazz have a go. we moved up and downstream with my rod and took turns in casting......we had a lunch break at a nick spot which i was attracted to..........after a while we went to one spot and i slipped and felt a crack in my knee.....(i'm ok) and gave a few casts. we ended up about 2:30-3:30 and we decided to make it a day.......Nothing caught but a few things learnt.
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Trent, dogs and snags. Empty Re: Trent, dogs and snags.

Post  Alex Makk Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:58 pm

Not forgetting a load of dogwalkers....after the bait...lol
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:04 pm

More like dogwalkers watching from the top of the floodbank, watching their dogs stomp through our swims off their leads Evil or Very Mad
I have had Joey Mackerel stolen from my baitbox before now Razz Razz Twisted Evil Lids on is a must lol!

One day a dog will pick-up a baited trace, then the fun will start! Shocked Rolling Eyes

After all, Bazz is an expert at catching Canoes, Cormorants.... a dog is next! As yet, not had a NarrowBoat lol! Very Happy

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:11 pm

Bazz wrote:
I have had Joey Mackerel stolen from my baitbox before now Razz Razz Twisted Evil Lids on is a must lol!
Very Happy

A dog took a bait? today i never noticed i was scrambleing for trebles
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:13 pm

dunno about today but its happened to me at 'Barno' haha! Laughing

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum