PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOTS WORST NOT GETTING A BITE OR LOOSEING A FISH????

+6
nightwatchman
essox_lucius1
Alex Makk
robh107
stevecrm
tommynotoes
10 posters

Go down

WOTS WORST NOT GETTING A BITE OR LOOSEING A FISH???? Empty WOTS WORST NOT GETTING A BITE OR LOOSEING A FISH????

Post  tommynotoes Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:38 pm

I LOST 2 ON SUNDAY AND I FELT LIKE C#*P AFTER.
tommynotoes
tommynotoes

Back to top Go down

WOTS WORST NOT GETTING A BITE OR LOOSEING A FISH???? Empty Re: WOTS WORST NOT GETTING A BITE OR LOOSEING A FISH????

Post  stevecrm Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:48 pm

I lost two on Saturday, one dropped the bait and the other shook the hooks out when it was nearly in Sad

but I did catch three which made me feel a lot better Very Happy

I think the worst bit about loosing a fish is wondering what it was ???
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

WOTS WORST NOT GETTING A BITE OR LOOSEING A FISH???? Empty Re: WOTS WORST NOT GETTING A BITE OR LOOSEING A FISH????

Post  robh107 Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:49 pm

the worst is losing one then finding that you blank for the rest of the session meaning you missed your only chance of the day Evil or Very Mad
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:22 pm

robh107 wrote:the worst is losing one then finding that you blank for the rest of the session meaning you missed your only chance of the day Evil or Very Mad

you jinx thats what happend to me today, Mad Mad Mad Mad
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:55 pm

MrMakk wrote:
robh107 wrote:the worst is losing one then finding that you blank for the rest of the session meaning you missed your only chance of the day Evil or Very Mad

you jinx thats what happend to me today, Mad Mad Mad Mad

oops sorry mate lol..... best not mention this coming sunday then Smile
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

WOTS WORST NOT GETTING A BITE OR LOOSEING A FISH???? Empty good bad

Post  essox_lucius1 Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:43 pm

not getting a bite at least if you loose a fish you know you were doing something right lol
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:25 pm

essox_lucius1 wrote:not getting a bite at least if you loose a fish you know you were doing something right lol

I agree Wink
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  stevecrm Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:42 pm

essox_lucius1 wrote:not getting a bite at least if you loose a fish you know you were doing something right lol

very well put, I didnt think of that Very Happy
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:27 pm

so i'm doing it right, even though i'm having takes BUT not banking the fish.........Pheww that a relief Rolling Eyes
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

WOTS WORST NOT GETTING A BITE OR LOOSEING A FISH???? Empty yes

Post  essox_lucius1 Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:51 pm

you are just for some reason there not hooking up properly could be finiky takes or you maybe slightly miss timing your strikes new hooks that are no good but at least your putting baits in right areas
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:09 pm

WOTS WORST NOT GETTING A BITE OR LOOSEING A FISH???? Img00610

just done a quick pick on where i hook my bait

can anyone tell me any pro and cons or am i hooking up 'ok'? Cool
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:43 am

hooking your baits in this way will increase the chances of you deep hooking fish Sad as a rule a pike will take a bait down head first, so you should have your top hook set into the baits tail root, with the other hook down the flank Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy as long as you hit runs quick you should not deep hook any fish. if you do miss a run chances are it was only a small jack Embarassed Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  stevecrm Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:01 am

I can see the problem with MrMakk's setup, it scares the pike away Laughing geek

WOTS WORST NOT GETTING A BITE OR LOOSEING A FISH???? Jaws
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:24 pm

thanks MBA, will do that in the future,

Steve....

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:10 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:hooking your baits in this way will increase the chances of you deep hooking fish Sad as a rule a pike will take a bait down head first, so you should have your top hook set into the baits tail root, with the other hook down the flank Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy as long as you hit runs quick you should not deep hook any fish. if you do miss a run chances are it was only a small jack Embarassed Embarassed

MBA is right Mr Makk
The other advantage of putting your first hook through the tail root is you will get a stronger hook hold and you will be able to cast your baits further without fear of your bait flying off! Twisted Evil
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  The Otter Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:09 pm

God that makes me cringe the way that hooking has been drawn. done that once as a kid and never again.
The Otter
The Otter

Back to top Go down

Post  stevecrm Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:38 pm

The Otter wrote:God that makes me cringe the way that hooking has been drawn. done that once as a kid and never again.

We all make mistakes, just be glad that MrMakk has posted his drawings so people here can point him in the right direction. after all I think that is why most of us come on sites like this, to share information and learn from each other Cool
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:11 pm

We all make mistakes, just be glad that MrMakk has posted his drawings so people here can point him in the right direction. after all I think that is why most of us come on sites like this, to share information and learn from each other .
stevecrm

well said steve,even when you been at it years you still learning,even sometimes you go fishing with blinkers on and get set in your ways.allways good to be refreashed every now an then Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

WOTS WORST NOT GETTING A BITE OR LOOSEING A FISH???? Empty hooking

Post  essox_lucius Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:35 pm

hooking tail root flank is very pike friendly and the way to go also as a side note bait hooked in the tail root casts further/better
essox_lucius
essox_lucius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum