PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paternostered Deads

5 posters

Go down

Paternostered Deads Empty Paternostered Deads

Post  adamscott Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:06 pm

Does anyone have any experience of using paternostered deads on rivers? Does the un-natural movement of the bait put the Pike off? (or does it help?)
All thoughts welcomed.

Adam
adamscott
adamscott

Back to top Go down

Paternostered Deads Empty Re: Paternostered Deads

Post  nickcarpy Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm

its one of my main medhods mate on lakes an rivers,i never ad ant problems with it Smile maybe more of the expience guys can answer better Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:19 pm

a method i have done very well on in the past with a few tweeks of my own silent patted eel section has brought me a few fish when other normal baits have failed
wolfie
wolfie

http://www.pikeforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:25 pm

I can't imagine a pike being put off by unnatural movements. Pike are attuned to unnatural movements. That's the very thing that attracts their attention more than natural movements. A healthy fish swimming quite naturally can very often swim around a pike and the pike won't bat an eyelid....if it could....lol Anything that looks unnatural is a sign that the fish has something wrong with it and that instantly makes it a target. I honestly wouldn't be concerned about the movement of the bait and just make sure the rig works in the right place.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  adamscott Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:58 am

Thanks for the replys fella's.

I've had plenty of fish on patted deads on stillwaters......but can't buy a run on the rivers with the rig. If i've got some liveys they go on and hey presto it''s away.

Adam
adamscott
adamscott

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:28 pm

not a method ive used much in the past tbh i tend to fish deads on the bottom (or just off it) the pat for me was always one for the livebait to be anchored near a feature of some sort.

not that it shouldnt work of course ive never neede to use it.

i can see it could have a fair few uses on running water though hooked head up with something like a booby on the trace as well with practice you could get it to move as well as keeping it stationary (think slow trotting but being able to leave it in one place as well)

I think on the rivers especially any with a bit of pace on them it would be a primary method of mine
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down