PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

feeding times.......

+7
tackle tart
adie1200
Lefty
kell
tootall
patch
newie2010
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

feeding times....... - Page 2 Empty Re: feeding times.......

Post  stubbo Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:44 pm

tootall wrote:so in brief, for the fish in at cellars we are on a waning moon - so is that a good or bad thing?
does anyone care mate Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:46 pm

I just need the excuse for when i blank mate

Razz Laughing
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:52 pm

tootall wrote:I just need the excuse for when i blank mate

Razz Laughing
just say the moon phases are not with me but i,ll give it my best shot guys Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:03 pm

AndyOBrien. Today at 7:08 pm

And Moon Phases mate, can't believe no one has mentioned it yet.

Read and learn about Moon Phases and the random Feeding spells/times all start to make sense.

i certainly do follow moon phases especially in my zander fishing and every other possible thing that will help me catch !, it just one part of a bigger jigsaw we seem to never have all the peices Very Happy

but regardless of feeding times, weather patterns ,whether its raining or not !! and moon phases ect ect

anglers will fish to what works for them and give them confidence at the end of the day
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:24 pm

tackle tart wrote:

AndyOBrien. Today at 7:08 pm

And Moon Phases mate, can't believe no one has mentioned it yet.

Read and learn about Moon Phases and the random Feeding spells/times all start to make sense.

i certainly do follow moon phases especially in my zander fishing and every other possible thing that will help me catch !, it just one part of a bigger jigsaw we seem to never have all the peices Very Happy

but regardless of feeding times, weather patterns ,whether its raining or not !! and moon phases ect ect

anglers will fish to what works for them and give them confidence at the end of the day

You've got it mate, it is a combination of all and more of the factors you mentioned. Also spot on with the confidence thing too bud.

For anyone to say that Moons influence on fishing is a load of crap well, carry on thinking like that!

Last edited by AndyOBrien. on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:27 pm

AndyOBrien. wrote:

For anyone to say that Moons influence on fishing is a load of bollocks well, carry on thinking like that!

Watch the language mate Wink Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:30 pm

I'm not saying its b..... by any means mate, but i will be the first to admit i dont really fully understand it which is why i was asking if a waning moon is good or bad?

Last edited by tootall on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Sorry mate! Amended.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:32 pm

tootall wrote:I'm not saying its b..... by any means mate, but i will be the first to admit i dont really fully understand it which is why i was asking if a waning moon is good or bad?

The other post wasn't aimed at you mate, what date are you talking about and i'll tell you the score.

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Fair enough Smile

31st Oct.

Cheers
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:41 pm

tootall wrote:Fair enough Smile

31st Oct.

Cheers

Yeah good day for it, Bang on the day of the last quarter.

I'd be well happy fishing through that day bud.

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:44 pm

well any one who think moon phases don,t work let me ask you this , and its all ready been answered several time by a couple who are not into moon phases in this post , and that is concerning the fall and rise on a daily basis of the sun = dawn and dusk .
It's certainly no secret that feeding movements of fish have been traditionally been accepted as key during dawn and dusk or sun rise and sun set.
well the key to the moon phases in my opinion is to also know the moon rise and fall and you will see that you get four times during a 24 hour period when there a greater chance of a bite and the moon also rises and set during day time . you then get a sun rise and sunset and you also get a moon rise and moon set in a 24 hour period .

so it not a bad idea to look into moon phases is it ????
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:49 pm

i dont follow the moon phases but one of my fishing buddys does one day before we left to go fishing he was on the laptop looking at the moon phase he says today is going to be crap according to the moon phase so we got there i had 4 in fours casts with a spinner bait and a total of 12 pike in about 5 hours on lures i always bring that up when he goes on about the moon ha ha Very Happy
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:50 pm

tackle tart wrote:well any one who think a moon phases don,t work let me ask you this and its all ready been answered several time by a couple who not into moon phases in this post and that is concerning the fall and rise on a daily basis of the sun = dawn and dusk . well the key to the moon phases in my opinion is to also know the moon rise and fall and you will see that you get four times during a 24 hour period when there a greater chance of a bite you get a sun rise and sunset and you also get a moon rise and moon set .

so it not a bad idea to look into moon phases is it ????

Its not a bad idea to know a bit about it at all mate, like you said 4 periods, Moon rise/set and the Transit times (Moon overhead/underfoot).

And lets not try and convince the non-believers hey TackleTart; Bigger edge for us!!!

Last edited by AndyOBrien. on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:51 pm

deadbait wrote:i dont follow the moon phases but one of my fishing buddys does one day before we left to go fishing he was on the laptop looking at the moon phase he says today is going to be crap according to the moon phase so we got there i had 4 in fours casts with a spinner bait and a total of 12 pike in about 5 hours on lures i always bring that up when he goes on about the moon ha ha Very Happy

Some people don't fully understand it mate, which is probably what happened in your mates case.

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:54 pm

AndyOBrien. wrote:
deadbait wrote:i dont follow the moon phases but one of my fishing buddys does one day before we left to go fishing he was on the laptop looking at the moon phase he says today is going to be crap according to the moon phase so we got there i had 4 in fours casts with a spinner bait and a total of 12 pike in about 5 hours on lures i always bring that up when he goes on about the moon ha ha Very Happy

Some people don't fully understand it mate, which is probably what happened in your mates case.

you might be right mate Very Happy
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:56 pm

AndyOBrien. Today at 8:50 pm

And lets not try and convince the non-believers hey TackleTart; Bigger edge for us!!!

yup you are probably right andy but as you rightly say its not as straight forward as i just put it you do have to bring other variable of the moon cycle and other weather factors aswell

as i said its just a piece of the bigger jigsaw

but what a PIECE to have !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:59 pm

cheers lads...feel like i have opened an old can of worms again! lol

tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:04 pm

tackle tart wrote:
AndyOBrien. Today at 8:50 pm

yup you are probably right andy but as you rightly say its not as straight forward as i just put it you do have to bring other variable of the moon cycle and other weather factors aswell

as i said its just a piece of the bigger jigsaw

but what a PIECE to have !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sure is mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Ha the old moon phases again Very Happy Very Happy

We have done this to death once before Very Happy
And yes i do think it works as part of all the other factors But it is only part of them not the be all and end all Wink Very Happy
And it works better on some waters than others I.E deeper the water the better it works
It doesn't have a lot of effect on shallow waters of just a few feet deep !

The best thing to take into consideration is wether you can or can't get out at the times when its best for the moon phase times !

It is part of our tools of water craft as are weather factors and air pressure / temperature ect ect !
We could go on and on But unless you are on the bank you wont catch end of !!

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  newie2010 Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 am

so nights when the moon is full (or days when the moon is in its full phase) are much more productive than at half or quarter phases.....

if the moon the night before is as stated above, then you go the next day?

OR do you check to see if the moon is going to be full on a certain day/night, then go then????

sorry for my possible thickness, but im new to this moon phase lark, generally if i wanna go piking i just go Very Happy
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:45 am

Its not as easy to just go when the moon is full or a new moon although saying that knowing when this is going to happen is no illstore.
I,ve found a couple of days leading up to a full moon or new moon and four days after can be very productive during the rise and set of the moon.
As i have all ready said there are four productive periods in my opinion during a 24 hours period these are sunrise ,sunset , moon rise ,moon set and i,ve also found the feeding times around these times on average are around 90 minutes .
Most angler will agree that sunrise and sunset are productive times , so why not moonrise and moon set ??? knowing the times when this happen could possibly be beneficial.
I found that during the moon phases that the best times have been coming up to and around a full or new moon more than when the moon is half or a quarter or no moon at all showing ,but again don,t dismissed these times when these still set and rise .
However local weather conditions ,light levels during evening conditions or seasonal changes also have a big impact ,so you need to really factor these in, keeping logs of your trips can help you , and after a while you will see from your own results whether it has an impact on your results

Its very easy to dismiss this and many anglers do !! and that,s fair enough its up to an individual anglers whether he wants to follow the moon phases or even sunrise and sunset times during there fishing.
Some anglers just turn up cast the rods out and just chill and relax for a few hours not really bothered whether they catch and again its there choice , but if like me or many other anglers we feel confident in following the moon and other weather factors in our fishing then that,s our choice and there nothing wrong in that!!

Last edited by tackle tart on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  newie2010 Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:10 pm

sounds complicated lol...

my theory is this: if your bait aint in the water, then you wont catch.........
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:17 pm

newie2010 Today at 3:10 pm

that is true

its all ways up to the individual angler to how much or little they want to put into there fishing at the end of the day , what ever gives them confidence ,there,s nothing wrong in that
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  newie2010 Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:19 pm

tackle tart wrote:
newie2010 Today at 3:10 pm

that is true

its all ways up to the individual angler to how much or little they want to put into there fishing at the end of the day , what ever gives them confidence ,there,s nothing wrong in that

cant agree more mate to me honest......
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next