PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maver Armageddon Pike Rods 12ft / full cork

3 posters

Go down

Maver Armageddon Pike Rods 12ft / full cork Empty Maver Armageddon Pike Rods 12ft / full cork

Post  tootall Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Just done a good deal on some of these but took a risk as i know nowt about them lol

Anyone ever seen or used some?
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Maver Armageddon Pike Rods 12ft / full cork Empty Re: Maver Armageddon Pike Rods 12ft / full cork

Post  hurricane Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 pm

tootall wrote:Just done a good deal on some of these but took a risk as i know nowt about them lol

Anyone ever seen or used some?
I have just got back from a 3 day trip.
The first thing I intended to do was advertise 3 of these rods for a good friend for a silly price.
I am now wondering if its the same rods????
If they are youve got a real bargain and they are immaculate...was it E.bay from Brum??
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Maver Armageddon Pike Rods 12ft / full cork Empty Re: Maver Armageddon Pike Rods 12ft / full cork

Post  tootall Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:51 pm

yes mate - indeed it was Smile

Arranged payment / courier for monday.

Glad to hear they are immaculate as described.

tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:55 pm

David Barry (Baz) is sellers name
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:01 pm

Yes mate, its the same rods.
You have no worries,Baz is 1000% genuine,he is just the biggest tackle tart in the world and has been known to upgrade tackle before he has unwrapped it.
I always get offered his gear before anyone else,and yes I was very tempted but even at that ridiculous price I just can"t justify any more rods.
As with all tackle everyone has thier own prefereces but I can promise you these rods are in pristine condition(he always looks after his gear)and you have bagged a real bargain.
Have no concerns mate you are on to a winner.

hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:03 pm

great Smile well i'm a lucky guy...posted hoping for a generic reply about the make/model and get a review of the actual rods i'm getting - don't you just love forums Very Happy lol!
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Had these a season now and i have to say they are fantastic. I'd go as far to say better than my old greys prodigy.
They have a really forgiving tip in a fight, but loads of grunt in the lower section of the rod for chucking out those deadbaits or atopping a fish in its tracks before it gets to snags etc.
Really good quality reel seat and handle and the blanks are well finished and still look like new even they've been chucked about a bit in the car and on the bank etc.
I've even used them for carping too as I love the action and useability of them so much. The 30mm butt rings don't seem to hinder distance casting much to the annoyance of the 50mm trend setters. Maybe my extra height gives me an advantage there?!? Lol
Overall i would recommend these highly and buy them again at the drop of a hat.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:33 pm

A full season review can't get better than that..GLAD they are what you wanted an more pal..Will keep my eye out for some
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:01 pm

http://www.fishingwarehouseshop.co.uk/product_info.php?currency=EUR&products_id=5382

This seems to be one of the few places you can still get them.

Forgot to say i've had these paired with some Daiwa Regal-z's and they make a really nice balanced set up.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down