PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years?

+14
dave d
greg
Bazz
Chumley Warner
tootall
esoxjeff
Andy Macfarlane
Walter
noodle
Andy Webster
fozzy
robh107
MAD BAD ANGLER
nickcarpy
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years? - Page 3 Empty Re: whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years?

Post  Andy Macfarlane Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:16 pm

nickcarpy wrote:best bit of gear for match men,an its new?what about chumers an chompers then,they are brill? :study:simple ideas are the best,dont you agree?

OK, sorry Nick, I was taking the pee-pee a bit about the bait-bands. I agree that the best ideas are the simplest ones that seem so patently obvious that once you've seen them, you think,
"How the hell could I NOT have thought of that?? and you kick yourself for thinking too hard.
What are chumers and chompers Nick??

.....Regards.....Andy..... study
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years? - Page 3 Empty Re: whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years?

Post  dave d Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:29 pm

jeff- you just triggered something in my memory banks- many yeras ago i was working in germany - weekends were quite boring so i went along to a tackle show that was held in the town where i was working just for a look round -- when i was there i saw a bite alarm that was actaully built into the rod -just above where the bail arm of the fixed spool reel would be - it was just a simple micro switch with a clip attached and a led on top of the reel fitting with an audible alarm-worked off one of those small watch batteries-- totally non adjustable apart from the gardner type line clip-- no good for drop backs i know but i havent seen the idea since but have often wondered wether the idea could have been used in some way to be more efficeint- food for thought for some body with an innovative mind!

dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:35 pm

they are on ebay Dave,
cheap and cheerful,
the latest ones have blue led's,
fashion i supose?
every fire needs a spark?
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:42 pm

andy will put a pic up in next few days showing chompers/chummers.another one,those smartcast?
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:31 pm

The Smartcast was a good idea, badly implemented IMHO and apart from the 'laptop' version, I don't know anyone who still uses theirs and it was rubbish if the 'waves' were more than 3" high.
I'm pretty sure they'll do a better version at some point that will do everything the original claimed it would.....being able to change the batteries in the transponder would be a good start.

.....Regards.....Andy.....<still thinking>...... scratch
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:01 pm

these are a handy bit of kit,extender hair stops.if you want to make your hair longer an dont want to change hook use these. Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:43 pm

dave d wrote:jeff- you just triggered something in my memory banks- many yeras ago i was working in germany - weekends were quite boring so i went along to a tackle show that was held in the town where i was working just for a look round -- when i was there i saw a bite alarm that was actaully built into the rod -just above where the bail arm of the fixed spool reel would be - it was just a simple micro switch with a clip attached and a led on top of the reel fitting with an audible alarm-worked off one of those small watch batteries-- totally non adjustable apart from the gardner type line clip-- no good for drop backs i know but i havent seen the idea since but have often wondered wether the idea could have been used in some way to be more efficeint- food for thought for some body with an innovative mind!

buy the poundland alarm and stick a springin so it works the opposite way around, under tension its off if a fish pulls it releases and sounds, with a drop back the spring sets the alarm off
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Walter Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:28 pm

EVOLUTION NOT REVOLUTION NICK

lots of gear has got better in 10 years. the big stuff has been around for a long time. i cant imagine what could be invented to help fishing now or if i did i would be a bit richer Wink

artificial baits stand out as the last big new idea but even they have been used for ages. they have been marketed and made better though.

its a hard question scratch

walter What a Face
Walter
Walter

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:35 pm

How about lamprey for a bait? I'm sure they weren't widely used more than 10 years ago.

Andy Webster
Andy Webster
Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:52 am

Andy Webster wrote:How about lamprey for a bait? I'm sure they weren't widely used more than 10 years ago.

Andy Webster

i've been using lamprey since the early 90's mate(when i first started piking)..... although back then it was a less known, but VERY effective aternative bait.
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  cheech123 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:01 pm

sleeping bags the new nash frostbite crackin peice of kit dont no if best thing in the last say twenty years is the wheelbarow
cheech123
cheech123

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:57 pm

cheech123 wrote:sleeping bags the new nash frostbite crackin peice of kit dont no if best thing in the last say twenty years is the wheelbarow

that would work but for one flaw mate...... the wheelbarrow has been around since ancient times!!!! its just been modded a bit for fishing
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:03 pm

rob they av only just reach scotland Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:28 pm

nickcarpy wrote:rob they av only just reach scotland Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

right you lot enough o that. thats racist Very Happy .
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:38 pm

robh107 wrote:
cheech123 wrote:sleeping bags the new nash frostbite crackin peice of kit dont no if best thing in the last say twenty years is the wheelbarow

that would work but for one flaw mate...... the wheelbarrow has been around since ancient times!!!! its just been modded a bit for fishing

around 1740 more known as a Wooden Wagon (Cart). the wheelbarrow looked more like what you use for fishing nowadays Razz Razz
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Did we ever get to the bottom of Nicks question?

I am still struggling to answer it.

Andy Webster
Andy Webster
Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:45 am

There are many things that could be contenders for this but here are my thoughts:

Maggot clips
Float stops
Billys back biters (although i think the original models may be older than 10 years?)
PVA bags/mesh/string
LED headtorches
Braid technology
Improved waterproof footwear i.e. neoprene lined wellies
Carboflex trace wire
Savage 4-play lures
Salmo sliders

afro
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years? - Page 3 Empty the fox deadbait casting clips

Post  stubbo Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:30 pm

great invention these you can lightly hook your deadbaits and really blast them out when you need to fish at long range. these made a lot of difference to my fishing actualy catcing my biggest fish useing these clips
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Probably not what you would call tackle in the real sense of the word but an item I always carry in my tackle bag!
Photo here and accompanying video. Wink

Anyone into self photography and digital cameras and wants to record the moment they catch that BIG Pike and are fishing on their own may find this useful.
Don't think I saw these around 10 years ago?? Rolling Eyes
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:08 pm

fox gate clips on drop offs!!! Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:12 pm

robh107 wrote:fox gate clips on drop offs!!! Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

LMAO ! lol!
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:53 pm

greg wrote:
robh107 wrote:

around 1740 more known as a Wooden Wagon (Cart). the wheelbarrow looked more like what you use for fishing nowadays Razz Razz
wot you mean ancient times, i still using original one lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:08 pm

andy ,still dont think anyones come up with a answer yet,alot of comments put are just better/improved iteams not new ideas?
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:30 pm

nickcarpy wrote:andy ,still dont think anyones come up with a answer yet,alot of comments put are just better/improved iteams not new ideas?
you could be right Nick, i have books dated 1889 with items in that some manufacturers claim to be new, there not, just developments on old ideas. Cool
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:32 pm

esoxjeff wrote:
nickcarpy wrote:andy ,still dont think anyones come up with a answer yet,alot of comments put are just better/improved iteams not new ideas?
you could be right Nick, i have books dated 1889 with items in that some manufacturers claim to be new, there not, just developments on old ideas. Cool

here we go stick my neck out.

hook cutting/removal tools,

yes i know there not new but the latest developments of these tools is brilliant.
you dont have to steal from your dad's tool box or NHS anymore Very Happy Very Happy
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum