PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years?

+14
dave d
greg
Bazz
Chumley Warner
tootall
esoxjeff
Andy Macfarlane
Walter
noodle
Andy Webster
fozzy
robh107
MAD BAD ANGLER
nickcarpy
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years? Empty whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years?

Post  nickcarpy Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:52 pm

as the title says...?
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years? Empty Re: whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years?

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:05 pm

dont know about 10 years, but the fox swinger has to be one of the best inventions to ever come out. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years? Empty Re: whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years?

Post  robh107 Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:10 pm

for me its the fox micron P.... i've never known such a great lil drop off bite alarm
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:12 pm

yes there good,i use them abit,aslo use hangers when not windy.av you ever used them springers?solar made them i think? Smile.
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:14 pm

no i've never felt the need to...... when i go carping i use fox mk1 swingers with micron m's
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years? Empty RE: whats been the best bit of tackle to come out in the last 10 years ?

Post  fozzy Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:14 pm

apart from portable fish finders and bait boats ,both of which i don'thave ,I would say petzel tikka headlamp,korda extender bait stops or fox PS mk2 . I love them all Razz

fozzy

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:18 pm

winter suits av come on leaps an bounds.better than me dads old pit wellys! Laughing
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:18 pm

i prefer the micron p to the ps because the ps doesnt grip the butt (especially applies to aggressive takes/rods on angle other than horizontal)... whereas you clip the micron p to the back of the rodrest and use a buttgrip to hold the rod
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:21 pm

Bait flags...Don't know how I ever caught a pike without them Rolling Eyes

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  fozzy Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:38 pm

[

quote="Andy Webster"]Bait flags...Don't know how I ever caught a pike without them Rolling Eyes[/quote] do I detect a hint of sarcasm andy ? lol!

fozzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:45 am

sarcasm...moi?

lol!

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:41 pm

braided mainlines

nothing compares
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Walter Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:53 pm

says a lot about pike fishing methods and innovation that this is all we can come up with

i will add digital cameras Cool Cool

What a Face Walter What a Face
Walter
Walter

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:53 am

Walter wrote:says a lot about pike fishing methods and innovation that this is all we can come up with

i will add digital cameras Cool Cool

What a Face Walter What a Face

its the same with other branches show me a true revolution in the last decade

to be a pedant i suppose braids are nothing new horse hair silk etc but the dyneema revolution with the likes of power pro etc has made such an impact on pike fishing it is unreal
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:00 am

more fish care,ie better hooks,barbed or barbless,.......unhooking mats...........bigger better landing nets....more information to newcomers in sport ie books,dvds,internet ect Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:36 pm

noodle wrote:braided mainlines

nothing compares

The question said 10 years mate. Braided mainlines have been around since I was a nipper.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:24 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:

nothing compares

The question said 10 years mate. Braided mainlines have been around since I was a nipper.

true but the advent of us turning to brands like power pro etc has only been fairly recent

and as for old fashioned braids dont go there dacron horrible saggy stuff lol

i did point ot they were not that new just newish to pike fishing and again more so to the bait scene than the old time lurers out there
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm with you on this one Nick,

pike care and handling products have really come into the 21st century.

I remeber scrounging S/S forceps from hospital scrap bins.

and just tonight I spotted my dad's old pike gag's hanging in the roof of my garage going rusty and cobwebed,how things have moved on(next thing you know there will be mobile phone's about) hehehe!!
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:53 pm

theres a thread on p-p site about shops still selling them!
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:36 pm

no way mate saving them for when antiques roadshow comes this way Wink Wink Wink
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:10 pm

Although it's not directly a tackle item, for me it would have to be the Korda ruckbag. Awesome bit of kit that allows me to carry everything i need for a day session comfortably and is so well made i reckon i won't have to replace it for a good number of years yet.
Also i really like the carboflex trace wire - very versatile compared to 'normal' trace wire.
Some of Rapalas new lures are awesome too...i especially like the minnow shad for perch fishing.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:36 pm

has there really been any NEW tackle in the last 10years???
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:18 pm

noodle wrote:
Andy Macfarlane wrote:

nothing compares

true but the advent of us turning to brands like power pro etc has only been fairly recent

and as for old fashioned braids dont go there dacron horrible saggy stuff lol

i did point ot they were not that new just newish to pike fishing and again more so to the bait scene than the old time lurers out there

For those not in the know. This is what we call "Dancing Round The Subject". When someone is wrong, rather than simply saying something along the the lines of,
"Ah yes, of course Andy, how silly of me not to have thought of that. You're absolutely right. Let me buy you a brandy and we'll discuss more important matters!".
Noodle instead chooses to detract from the point buy throwing in irrelevant information in order to make his his point appear valid still. This is is a ploy often used by Politicians to avoid admitting they're wrong by blinding us with remotely relevant information in order to appear correct to some degree.

I'd have thought more of a man of your calibre Noodle. I'm disappointed... tongue

.......Regards......Andy..... Wink
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumley Warner Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:24 pm

lol!
Chumley Warner
Chumley Warner

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:57 pm

weedless hooks jeff?also newish,about 4/5 years old is klinick gel,blob a bit where hook hold been.helps heal quicker,an stops infections.tip if your tight use bonjella,mouthulcer cream we use.
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next