PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

waters thawing out

4 posters

Go down

waters thawing out Empty waters thawing out

Post  onetoner Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:06 pm

all my local waters have been frozen for weeks and unfishable, i checked my local today and it should be ok for tommorrow i was down the other day and the only bay that was fishable is where a small river runs in but its only about 6 foot at its deepest with the rest of it avr 10 and going to about 17 at its deepest so i dont want to say how that session went.. anyways fullmoon tonight and ill be down crack of dawn tommorrow ive had a really shity run of fish lately n its gotta end soon,,,, i stay in lanarkshire is any1 else struggling to catch up this way or is it just me ????????????
onetoner
onetoner

Back to top Go down

waters thawing out Empty Re: waters thawing out

Post  nickcarpy Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:39 pm

hi onetoner,know you off another site but carnt work out which one?
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

waters thawing out Empty no other forums

Post  onetoner Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:12 pm

na nick i dont usually use forums im just at my wits end im doing everything i can think of but cant hit the big pike just now its as if theres none there my local had an allgae boom in the summer and it killed hundreds of fish but all i seen were roach,, skimmers 1 huge slab of a bream the odd small carp 2 jacks and a bigger 1 of about 13lb n i was down most days to look for dead pike.... but since then its been hard going its never been an easy water but i know it well and know where they should be but there not showing so im starting to think maybe more were killed off than i think but saying that my friend goes for silvers n hes catchin loads of them so they have recovered,,, ive got a bucket of lives in the garage shhhhhhhh n there going with me in the morning n if that dont work ??????????????
onetoner
onetoner

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:21 pm

pm onetoner Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:24 pm

Bit naughty transferring livebait mate unless you caught them at the same place !!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  onetoner Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:45 pm

its ok lives came from same water but i think theyve been outlawed up here but i dont care if thats what it takes to put the doubles on the bank,,,,, this waters hard goin ive seen me sit wae dead sea baits on for hours without a proper run ,,,,then get a few lives n have runs almost instantly i like to cast out 30 yards float fishing lives over depth reel in very slow and when u hit the ledge about 15,,,,,,,, 20yards out ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, whack iv had all my bigger fish 5 ,,,10 yards from the bank using this method.....
onetoner
onetoner

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:24 pm

It's not just you mate. I've not had much on the bank of late myself. I turned a fish on a new bit of river, which I was pretty thrilled about since it's a complete unknown for me...well...for pike anyway so just seeing one was good and it wasn't half bad looking either. Welcome to the forum by the way.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

waters thawing out Empty mate

Post  Guest Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:23 pm

nice pike youve got there
its not just you mate am in the same boat
do i know you from somewhere?
i come from coatbridge so ring a bell mate?
no had a fish since october mate am eager to get one ive been casting every second day ma patience is wearing thin think im giving up on the pike Laughing

Back to top Go down

waters thawing out Empty coatbridge

Post  onetoner Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:49 am

hey chugg thats just up the road fae me im fae hamilton, i dont know whats keeping the pike off the feed but its hard going the noo... ive been fishing a river for the last couple of weeks since all the stillwaters have been frozen but still had nothing,,, i was sittin the other day and a big trout swam in to the shallows right at my feet goatin me haha just ot to keep fishin theyll show up sooner or later
onetoner
onetoner

Back to top Go down

waters thawing out Empty aye aye

Post  Guest Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:52 pm

funnily enough mate a was doon strathy the day when its frooze er theres always a bit yae kin fish, the wee bit roon th island , dont tell anyone a told yae Laughing
a was oo fishing the day fae about 8 this mornin freezing and hngry and aw a caught wiz a wee 7lbr
do you know how to upload pics n this mate a need tae get ma monsters up on show
theres a wee fishing shop in hamilton it sells quie good stuff yae probably know it well ma picture is up on the windy there mate with that 23lbr a caught
a was talking to ma wee ol mate stevie he knows yae if its the right guy Laughing
says yer always nicking his bate Laughing
mibe see yae aboot mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down