PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fishing clubs

+7
Andy Webster
Andy Macfarlane
esoxjeff
adamscott
noodle
nickcarpy
greg
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

fishing  clubs Empty fishing clubs

Post  greg Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:55 pm

hi, whats the advantages of joining pike fishing clubs. thought about joining the PAC
but will it help me or others in anyway...
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

fishing  clubs Empty Re: fishing clubs

Post  nickcarpy Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:00 pm

going to my first ever pac meeting tomorrow nite so will let you no,least there will be some other guys can talk pike abt,advanges hopefully is share ideas ect unless its mason type club,will see Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:04 pm

i've had a wee look about, but their aint any around fife thats close to me Crying or Very sad
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:08 pm

greg wrote:i've had a wee look about, but their aint any around fife thats close to me Crying or Very sad

greg try the PAAS may have a nearer region to you Pike anglers alliance scotland)

as for advantages well to some it is being able to get onto waters for priveliged acces others its the speakers regions have coming to them you do get to mix with the stars of piking lol
just dont go to one meeting and think its clicky as most will already know each other there and as a newcomer you will be welcomed but not as much as the seasoned members, some of those long time members may well form there own little groups within the region jst keep going and get to know people there, ther is a wealth of knowledge available to you once you make the effort
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:56 pm

thanks for that noodle. i'll have a wee look.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  adamscott Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:06 pm

The only reason I am a member of the PAC is to support one of the very few organisations that will fight the cause for Pike and Pike anglers.

Maybe if my region was active I would get a bit more involved.
adamscott
adamscott

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:38 pm

thats a good enough answer. so what were the benifits of the club when you joined...
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:50 pm

greg mate,ant joined yet but went tomy first pac meeting,well took noodles advise on an did what he said,wrong advice to me............reason was i was made very welcome, Smile as i think was the other few newbes,hope i speak for them all but i did not get the theat of been clicky or looked upon as a outsider either.jeff did a top,outstanding job[ro man]anyway i will be going back to next meeting an lets hope the club,pac of doncaster area can get more successful than it already is,its got my vote anyway Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:00 pm

good for you nick. i dont think it would do me any harm to join. but i wont have anywhere to go for meetings, as there aint any close to me. i just need more advice on catching some a bit bigger than 9.1/2 lb. i've seen bigger fish come out of the waters i fish but not to me. i done some night time fishing during the hols and it saw a 10.3/4 lb pike for my son. new pb for him Very Happy .
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:03 pm

what type of water are you fishing Greg............
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:10 pm

loch tummel most of the time, but for a quick session, its a bit of a overflow of the river earn. it aint a big water slow run off. around 5 feet deep. i've had a few around 2lb to 6.1/2 lb. there are perch and roach in the water to..
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Greg, to be honest, I'd go for PAC. PAAS don't seem to know their a*** from their elbow at the moment and it's not looking like the club I first knew. PAC though are well run and respected and they DO carry weight.

......Regards.....Andy...... geek
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:Greg, to be honest, I'd go for PAC. PAAS don't seem to know their a*** from their elbow at the moment and it's not looking like the club I first knew. PAC though are well run and respected and they DO carry weight.

......Regards.....Andy...... geek

thanks for that andy. i've seen some of your posts on p+p. you know your stuff bud.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:04 pm

nickcarpy wrote:greg mate,ant joined yet but went tomy first pac meeting,well took noodles advise on an did what he said,wrong advice to me............reason was i was made very welcome, Smile as i think was the other few newbes,hope i speak for them all but i did not get the theat of been clicky or looked upon as a outsider either.jeff did a top,outstanding job[ro man]anyway i will be going back to next meeting an lets hope the club,pac of doncaster area can get more successful than it already is,its got my vote anyway Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

fair play ive never been to the doncaster region i was wotking of what has been said about my region, and a few others i know at ours it does tend to split into a few individual groups within the room

Andy no experience of the PAAS just thought they may offer a closer base than the PAC

Adam where in lancashire are you?
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  adamscott Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:36 am

Adam where in lancashire are you?

I'm in Blackpool mate. The region has not run for a few years.

Are you in Lancashire Noodle???

Adam

Last edited by adamscott on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added)
adamscott
adamscott

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:56 am

Hi Greg

Every member will find their own rewards from belonging to a club such as the PAC

Quarterly magazine
Opportunity to fish exclusive waters
Regular meetings where you are able to discuss local issues
The support of a national organisation when dealing with anti pike angling clubs
Access to watch slide shows by successful anglers at very little cost
Website and Forum

In addition to the immediate benefits there are many that are not quite so obvious but are far more important to pike fishing overall. The PAC needs the support of anglers to exist and pike need the PAC to thrive in this and other countries. Without it would gaffs still be in use? Would pike gags be a common unhooking tool? Would pike be staked to the bank, attached to rope through the gill cover? Would gill netting and culls be common place?

Some of the benefits aren't obvious until you watch a slide show or read an article about how pike fishing was in 1977. Then you will see the benefits to all of us.

If there isn't a region near you Greg then why not start one. It doesn't have to be a big deal, just you and a few other pike anglers having a chat over a beer, pooling info on waters and methods. You'll be surprised at just how many pike anglers there are near you. Just look at how many appeared from the Doncaster area on this website.

Good luck, and if your still not sure then have a look here http://www.pacgb.co.uk/aboutpac/history1.html

Andy Webster

Last edited by Andy Webster on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Andy Webster
Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:56 am

noodle,took your advice o board,good advice to.that same advice is what i would give out to anybody esle mate.luckly we was made welcome,ive heard of clubs been clicky an put me off abit,yes your 100%right mate,go to them,an just work yourselves in an dont give up after first visit.good advice noodle to anybody. Very Happy tight lines bud Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:33 am

andy, i'm going to join it today. cant do me any harm Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi Greg
if you need any help finding or setting up your own region, don't hesitate to get in touch with me or the PAC direct. all will help you.
I ran doncaster for a while just as a bunch of lads who liked pike, we then started to advertise talks, slide-shows, youth club talks, we now have members travelling 50miles to our meetings.
You end up with a good bunch of lads ,some have been on and off members now for 20years.
as i said if your stuck give us a bell , we'll all help for the benifit of PIKE!!
Jeff Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  adamscott Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:04 pm

esoxjeff wrote:Hi Greg
if you need any help finding or setting up your own region, don't hesitate to get in touch with me or the PAC direct. all will help you.
I ran doncaster for a while just as a bunch of lads who liked pike, we then started to advertise talks, slide-shows, youth club talks, we now have members travelling 50miles to our meetings.
You end up with a good bunch of lads ,some have been on and off members now for 20years.
as i said if your stuck give us a bell , we'll all help for the benifit of PIKE!!
Jeff Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jeff,
How much work is involved running a region???
adamscott
adamscott

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

adam there is one based in ashton in makerfield probably a bit too far (around 30 miles) its just of the m6 though on my signature is the blog for the region
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi Greg
it can be as little or as much as you like, even a little reprisentation can only be a bonus to pike.
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:20 pm

hi jeff. i agree with your posts deffo going to join pac club. and i'll take it from there Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:39 pm

adamscott wrote:Adam where in lancashire are you?

I'm in Blackpool mate. The region has not run for a few years.

Are you in Lancashire Noodle???

Adam

Same situation in Nottingham, Adam Neutral PAC looking for somebody to come forward & run it.. + generate some local interest.

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:38 pm

There has just been a volunteer come forward to try & resurrect the Nottingham Branch PAC....he sounds like a proper pillock/c**t to me though....... Rolling Eyes

I will let you know how i get on Laughing Laughing Wink

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next