PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

night fishing

5 posters

Go down

night fishing  Empty night fishing

Post  ibiza20vt Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Anyone had success fishing for pike through the night ? Considering it on a local canal . I've got adequate bite indication and wont really be sleeping anyway so not really an issue I'm just wondering whether the pike Will feed as actively at night as in the day and any tips to make my deads more visible . Any help appreciated
Cheers

ibiza20vt

Back to top Go down

night fishing  Empty Re: night fishing

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:20 pm

ive done a fair bit of pike fishing at night, and have had quite a few fish. had them all through the night 1,2,3 and 4 am anytime. make sure you have a couple of good torches with you, as the unhooking at night is a bit trickier. also be ready for runs from eels Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Ive done fair bit myself and had a few. Like MBA said have a good torch or even better a good headlamp for unhooking. Also make sure your bite alarms batteries are fully functioning as they are your only form of indication at night and you dont want to deep hook a pike anytime but even more so at night.
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:09 am

I have also done plenty of nights for Pike and to answer your question, the fishing is usually far slower than the same water would be in the day (not always though) I would expect 5 runs a day on most of my waters and probably 1 run every 2 nights. Slow but usually a larger than average size. Good luck and be careful for you and the Pike.
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:49 am

i used to night fish for pike but only ever found 1 water where they fed more at night... by all means give it a go and see how you do.
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  ibiza20vt Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Well went the other night no runs tthrough the night then a run at about 8 in the morning which produced a jack of about five pounds on my mate's rod, and I Had a run slightly earlier but no fish. However during daytime at the same venues runs are plentiful lol. Weird though as even through the night plenty of signs of active fish, small bait fish jumping etc but nothing on the deads . Strange but I think I'll stick to daytime on this particular water lol. And to top it off I was frozen solid lol.

ibiza20vt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down